PDA

View Full Version : Jump Seats

AACE
30th Nov 2007, 08:56
Does it piss anyone else off when you search for availability of jump seats & you see its been given away to the husband of ground staff 2 minutes after the roster goes live ?

Jump seats should be allocated in the following order :

1) Operating crew's family members
2) AOA members
3) Non-AOA members
4) Cabin Crew
5) Gound Staff
6) Family
7) Management

Groups 5, 6 & 7 should not be approved untill close to the flight, to allow late requests form groups 1, 2, 3 & 4.

Anything else ?????

badairsucker
30th Nov 2007, 09:07
why the hell should AOA members get priority over NON members????:ugh:

jed_thrust
30th Nov 2007, 09:33
Because, Sucker, it rewards those who have made some sacrifices (financial and otherwise) for the greater good of the pilot body.

routetuner
30th Nov 2007, 10:58
What's aoa got to do with priority?

routetuner
30th Nov 2007, 11:02
you wouldn't even start to know what sacrifice is- get real or **** off

AACE
30th Nov 2007, 12:28
As the Captain, I get to chose who gets the JS. That's my right.
The priority I use is the one above & that's what most AOA member Capt's do too. That's their right. We like to support those who support us all. That's our right.
Maybe another (of many) reasons to join the AOA.
But we all really know why you don't join ...... $$$$$$

sizematters
30th Nov 2007, 12:39
however, sexy looking girly with big Tit's trumps all those priority's............

routetuner
30th Nov 2007, 12:48
Nothing to do with money sport, all to do with what the aoa did for me -******* zilch, just like the last negotiations- they wanted to take conditions away from me- leave passage and I must go into new travel scheme- they are useless, they take from me to appease the others. You don't know what a union is.

jack744
30th Nov 2007, 12:48
AACE

Could not agree with you more....

Very correct

Sorry - non AOA - don't need a say - fair enough

Cheers

AACE
30th Nov 2007, 12:59
So Routetuner ....
What do you think your contract would be like if everyone was like you & there was no AOA. I can guarantee it would be MUCH worse.
Sure it's not perfect, far from it, but it's what we've got & we should ALL support it.
If you don't like it, join the committee & change it yourself .....

badairsucker
30th Nov 2007, 13:16
Sorry but you AOA militants need to wake up and get a life.....

They have done F all to help you out in the past.

Care to share with us what the great AOA have done for the pilot body recently??????????

AACE, If you are the kind of captains CX have now, god help us all, you sad little man.

AACE
30th Nov 2007, 13:19
OK badairsucker, I'll ask you the same question ....
What do you think your contract would be like if we were all like you & there was no AOA ?

badairsucker
30th Nov 2007, 13:21
AACE,

Simple english man, you can't answer a question with a question.

Care to share with us what your little AOA has done for the pilot body recently???????????????????????????????

Some of us can see the fact that the company will do what the hell they want to do....AOA or not. You have been paying into your AOA and in return you have nothing, your loss mate not mine.

Care to pass on your thoughts on the last round of pay talks, ah yes, the great 3%.

NewEssO
30th Nov 2007, 15:36
it's frustrating just to hear it

sucker,
what good does it do do whine and complain? do you think you have a better chance with negotiation by yourself or with the AoA?

Can YOU share with us what YOU've done for the pilot body recently?

NSO

slow and low
30th Nov 2007, 15:52
If the AOA had 100% membership, you would have seen better results.
How much leverage does it have when you play right into the company's divide and conquer strategy.
Individually I get very little from the AOA.
The upside is collectivelly.
I agree, no jumpseats for non-AOA members.
Hell no sectors either.
I'll take my jumpseat chances with non-AOA captains.
That is all.;)

iLuvPX
30th Nov 2007, 16:18
I would love for some AOA captain to try and refuse me the jumpseat or leg. He had better have an excuse other than me being a non-member. I'm sure the management would love to hear about that.

The jumpseat is there to provide relief for the operating crew first and foremost. The priority after that should be for COMMUTING CREW, everyone else should be first come.

Apple Tree Yard
30th Nov 2007, 16:28
Ilovepx & badair.....I LOVE guys like you...! Pleaaaaase apply for one of me jumpseats. Answer: cannot. No reason given . Have a nice day

cxpileit
30th Nov 2007, 16:35
AoA this and that, who cares. The most important issue is being able to use the jumpseat to reposition to or from work. Unless we all live in domicile, this is a critical issue.

Now - why can't this company open up the jumpseats and supernumerary
seats to cockpit crew. Well, they say, it is a CAD rule.

CHANGE THE RULE !!!!

Doesn't make much sense that your mother can ride in the flight deck of a passenger aircraft, but a qualified pilot can't get on a freighter. I can only assume that CX doesn't want this privilege to be available to its crews. Keeping these restrictions in place gives them the false sense of control over the crews. In fact, pilots would rather call in sick if they can't get to work, rather than admit to the company they need the jumpseat. So the perceived control is actually blind ignorance.

Other airlines in the FREE world have already figured this out and made progressive jumpseat/commuting policies. They actually SAVED money as the number of sick calls dropped dramatically. The original crews operated their trips and the reserve pilots were saved for operational difficulties.

Opps.....tripped over another dollar, but at least I picked up a nickel :}

Hmmmmm....nickel is shinny:cool:

iLuvPX
30th Nov 2007, 18:17
That would be entirely inline with the CRM practices CX teaches. I hope you would have a nice rest in the bunk too.

The problem with the AOA and its members remains the same: All bark..no bite.

Man-up ladies.

Liam Gallagher
30th Nov 2007, 20:19
You say you are a Cathay Capt; I am sure you wouldn't like anyone questioning your decisions regarding jumpseats, so why are you challenging a fellow Capt's decision?

If he chooses to give away jumpseats to "the husband of ground staff 2 minutes after the roster goes live" that is surely his right.... without question..

Nullaman
30th Nov 2007, 20:35
So we are beating our chests about jumpseats now?

Everything must be OK then.

I'll get my hat..........

AACE
30th Nov 2007, 20:50
Anybody notice that all the agressive / angry replies to this windup seem to be from non -AOA members ?
All rosy out there in non member land I see !!!
Glad I can stand up to my wife.
But I guess that's why you're all "individuals".

Come in spinner ...............

badcocksuckrr ....
Notice the opening to this thread ?
The last character is a ?
I asked the first question, so I'm waiting for YOUR answerrrr.
Make whatever excuse you want ............. $$$$$$$$$$$
Why so angry ?

badairsucker
1st Dec 2007, 01:43
AACE,

Just had a look at your past posts, bit of a militant union man aren't we!!! I really like one of you comments....Once a scab always a scab!!!!

Well life in non AOA land is great mate. Not wasting a few percent every month on a complete waste of time. Mate, tell me how good AOA land is, full of failures I guess. Are you one of the few spineless men who made some of the midnight phone calls to a number of the new joiners???? Stand up to your wife, me don't think so .

Apple Tree Yard, one word man.

IDIOT.

ACMS
1st Dec 2007, 02:10
You Non-AOA members will do/say anything to justify not being a member.
Surely the AOA would have a much better chance of negotiating a fairer deal if we had close to 100% membership? you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that.:ok:
The reality is that 50% of our Pilot body either 1/ can't be bothered 2/ don't want to part with 1.5% of their hard earned pay or 3/ are just plain selfish .
Badairsucker: mate you ask "what has the AOA for the Pilot body recently"?
well have a look at the housing policy for a start. A damn fine win for us, negaotiated by OUR AOA.
Remember the Pilot's representitive, THE HKAOA, is only as powerful as it's members.
So I say to all those that don't want to join: "fair enough, but don't complain for one second about the crap the company shoves down your throat, if you want to change the AOA direction then first join, the get on the commitee"

I still cannot believe there are Pilot's out there that can't see past their own wallets. BIG PICTURE GUYS.

Surely we would do a lot better if we all LOOKED AFTER EACH OTHER AS A GROUP. Come on..........it's not hard to work out.

fire wall
1st Dec 2007, 02:50
I'll go one further, without the AOA we would not have had a seat at the table under the umbrella of IFALPA to negotiate changes in airways / ATC practices in China. Now this may not mean much to those of you that have started flying in this region in the last 10 years but I can tell you...it was disasterous and has saved lives without a doubt. If you doubt me then ask the question to a long timer what it was like on the tri motor when atc arbitrarily closed the airspace in front of you and ordered "You go....you go back !"

The AOA and it's affiliates do more than just negotiate your renumeration package, although even I will admit it has done poorly in that regard

mavrik1
1st Dec 2007, 03:12
Where do you guys think engineering staff should fit in here.

asianeagle
1st Dec 2007, 05:33
The jumpseat is there to provide relief for the operating crew first and foremost. The priority after that should be for COMMUTING CREW, everyone else should be first come.

Whaaat? Why should commuters get preference. The already have the roster organised for commuters at the expense of others and now you want priority jumpseats too.:ugh:

If you wan to live in Aus etc, take a base, pay the tax, but dont dick my roster and jumpseat possibilities around so YOU CAN COMMUTE.:mad:!!

NewEssO
1st Dec 2007, 06:01
asianeagle: is everyone in cx as selfish as you?

AACE
1st Dec 2007, 06:02
Ahhh ....
I think my work is done here.
Forgotten how easy to start a good windup.
Now, what next ............

asianeagle
1st Dec 2007, 08:26
asianeagle: is everyone in cx as selfish as you?

no just the people who want to have their cake and eat it, and leave the rest of us to pick up the crumbs. :=

don-one
2nd Dec 2007, 00:34
As a new joiner i find it interesting that a representitive of the AOA has not approached us to inform us about the organisastion and what it offers the pilot group. In fact the word union has not even come up in all of our meetings and discusions so far.

I am open to contributing for the conditions that they have negotiated, and i am sure the membership percentage would be higher if we were approached rather than having to try and find out about this organisation by ourselves at an already busy time.

zulapels
2nd Dec 2007, 01:28
I give away j 1,2,3,4 to indian cabin crews mothers and fathers before non AOA members..

Did I mention. All freighter guys would still be on the freighter on c scale after 3 years of service if it wasn't for the AOA - CX agreement..

How about upgrade on base and the new basing agreement..

Apple Tree Yard
2nd Dec 2007, 04:53
badairsucker. ...awww, you hurt my feelings... :{ seriously though, please....request a j/s from me. I love turning down guys like you.

badairsucker
2nd Dec 2007, 05:56
badairsucker. ...awww, you hurt my feelings... :{ seriously though, please....request a j/s from me. I love turning down guys like you.

So let me see,

You get a jumpseat request and you look at the name, then, out comes your list of AOA members and you have a good read through it to see if the the person is on your little and I mean little list! No, name not there so not approved. Along comes another request and you go through your list again. Christ, you have a very dull life.....

Boy, you need to get a life pal......

And to those who turn down jumpseat requests if they are non AOA members, please keep it up because I don't want to be on the same aircraft with a captain with a thought process like the one you are displaying. Keep turning me down guys, your doing me a favour.:ok:

BusyB
2nd Dec 2007, 08:26
don-one,
CX has on innumerable occasions refused access to a list of new-joiners or the new joiners themselves. There is a board with HKAOA info in the crew room by the mailboxes. Any queries please ring. At present after crews news publishes a lst of new joiners info can then be put in mailboxes.
A copy of the most recent letter and response from the DFO is available on AOA website.:ok:

Apple Tree Yard
2nd Dec 2007, 14:17
badairsucker,.....you still won't get the j/s, and remember, i'm doing you a favour :ok:

fdx
2nd Dec 2007, 16:56
This is sad... AOA or not, it is a personal choice. Whether it represents all of our ideas, and hopes, even, what is fair, is another topic. We are not living in a one man vote atmosphere.
I would hate to come across anyone who thinks they have the solution and doesn’t walk up to the relevant floor in order to understand why the company he/she is making so many sacrifices for, does not care to the personal or economical consequences involved. Reality bites. Cx has enjoyed years of unsurpassed growth, beat all income records and net profit expectations. I do believe that those have been achieved by the wits and hard work of all involved in this operation. Ground staff, pilots, engineers, recruitment, management and management managers...
Cost of living goes up as time goes by, call it 3%/year. If you want to have a flight school, keep up your conditions, now, if you rather keep your last name, stand up and play. After all...if you want to play, you need to pay. Don’t you?
Once I heard...”we can afford a hull loss per year”, really? I dare anyone to have their loved ones in such affordable flight. I have recently received the latest copy of “safety first”. Open to discussion, including the controlled rest issue. Why now? Are we more tired than on previous winters?.
I do respect those that implement a benefit for membership. There should be no question about it. If you want to play... Some others are too involved in a 1%, 3% cost. Simply put, multiply your daily latte and other harmless vices by 30, you may be surprised to what a small effort can contribute to. Cx is a secure company to work for. Give it a shower, a shave, some deo to ride along for a few cramped hours and you get what’s missing. Anyone who is here for the long term would be happy to know that there is a long term plan, not just for some, but for all that make things happen. And I hope it reads ALL.
Fuel is not cheap, nor will it be in the future. Neither are instructors, mechanics, spare parts, engineers, instructors, drivers, cadets or direct entry pilots. Unity makes one. That is the bottom line.
AOA has faults, no doubt. One is, as previously mentioned, the lack of advertisement to new or current employees. How does a weekly open house posted on the board sound? What could a free tutor/mentor service for new joiners do? Members or not, it’s a good approach.
We can’t sit and jump at the same time.

Thoughts anyone?

Cpt. Underpants
2nd Dec 2007, 21:46
Well said. Lucid, concise, thought-provoking. Are you sure you're American?

Captain TOGA
2nd Dec 2007, 21:55
Maybe he is from South Africa;)

ACMS
2nd Dec 2007, 23:14
Hey Badairsucker: all for one and one for me............ass:mad:

how's about you think of joining the AOA and maybe then we can all WORK TOGETHER.

Novel idea huh.

unless you have more selfish, self serving plans we don't know about?

kiwi chick
2nd Dec 2007, 23:37
I'd like to know what the horrific offence is at Ground Staff getting the jump seats?

Oh, I think I just answered my own question.

1) They earn twice as much as Pilots, and therefore can afford Business Class.
2) They only work half as hard as Pilots, and really, who would notice if there were no ground crew? Pilots can do everything.

How dare they?

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

badairsucker
3rd Dec 2007, 00:52
ACMS wrote...

Hey Badairsucker: all for one and one for me............ass:mad:

how's about you think of joining the AOA and maybe then we can all WORK TOGETHER.

Novel idea huh.

unless you have more selfish, self serving plans we don't know about? ACMS now you have started calling me an Ass..... yes please I would love to join your gang, oh, let me in!!!!! Now why was it I didn't want to join!!!!:ugh:

An honest question!!!!

Let's say the AOA had 100% membership, explain it to me how you think it will differ from now. If the company don't want to give what you are asking for they WILL NOT. Anyone remember a few months ago regarding pay talks etc.....Ahhh that's right, you voted no, the company said sod you, here's 3%....How would that have been any different with 100% membership????
So what's next, action, work to rule etc....If you think the average CX pilot is going to stick his/her head out you are deluded.

I still find it staggering that some of you people like ACMS think that you are some kind of stand up guy or hero etc because you are in the AOA and non members are selfish or money motivated.:= I have also lost count the amount of threads on here regarding the dissatisfaction with the AOA over recent negotiations. Why join an association which seems to be in tatters.

Just for the record, I like many, will not answer my phone on a G day or check crew direct if I have an outstanding crew notification. Just because I am not in the union does not mean I am against an improvement in conditions.:ok:

Five Green
3rd Dec 2007, 02:02
Bad air :

I find it quite troubling that there are so many of BBS non aoa pilots that are as militant about being non-aoa, as the so called militant AOA pilots.

You sir are a prime example of the former. You apparently have made your choice and in a democracy so be it. What I do not understand is unless you are starting a bigger and better association to do things how you want, what exactly are you on about ? What exactly do you want ?

Would you like the AOA gone ?

Would you like the AOA to do better ?

Would you like to leave your future solely in the hands of the management of the day ?

Or would you like to be a realist and accept that we can only change some things , massage policy a little, offer legal and income protection, represent Hong Kong on the international level, negotiate insurance and retirement packages, better your housing allowance, clarify rules and policy, represent you against the co. should you (heaven forbid) step wrong, monitor and implement safety procedures, gain input to rostering and lifestyle issues. All of which is well worth my dues. Dues which would be half what they are if everyone joined. Therefore the more that join the more value you get for your dues.

If you think that the representation has not favoured you now, how will it be when you must wait in line behind 3000 or 4000 other pilots to get your face time with the DFO in order to better your individual contract ?

It's pilots like you that shock me. You really do not have a grasp on industrial relations. You probably have never negotiated a deal for anything more than your last Porsche. If you had you would realise the ridiculousness of your position.

Peace out

badairsucker
3rd Dec 2007, 07:04
Militant non AOA, I don't see non AOA guys writing on public website stating that they won't give jumpseats away to AOA members, do you???

Giving my opinion is not being militant, nor are some of the AOA members that are giving their opinion. I find it a little disturbing that some of the posters here, ACMS and Apple Tree Yard etc are very openly militant regarding AOA membership, gobbing off about not giving away jumpseats and separating themselves from others due to the fact that some of the pilots in the company choose to be NON MEMBERS. Maybe it's guys like this in your AOA is why some guys choose to stay away!!!

Again, I don't see non members mouthing off about turning AOA members down for jumpseats.

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Numero Crunchero
3rd Dec 2007, 09:49
Hmmmm, bad air sucker you have made me re-evaluate my policy on jump seats. I never used to differentiate between AOA/non AOA but your erudite contributions to this website will ensure I do in future!

In the meantime, would you mind telling me what pay offer YOU were able to negotiate with the company? We had one negotiated but it was rejected by our representatives. Also, what LOI and legal protections do you get in your non union? And should you ever find yourself in a D+G situation, what professional help will you seek?

You are like one of those 'conspiracy theorists' who argue that inoculation of their own children is unnecessary...it is only unnecessary thanks to the rest of us doing the right thing.

N1 Vibes
3rd Dec 2007, 10:10
Meanwhile, going back to the original thread....

So the chances of Mr Tyler getting the jumpseat from anyone here on December 27th, as he japed about the coffer-filling loads in last weeks Friday Telex, is pretty slim?

PS - What fun to see a bunch of grown men and women brawling like a group of 6 year olds in the playground.

Now play nicely!:=

badairsucker
3rd Dec 2007, 10:39
Hmmmm, bad air sucker you have made me re-evaluate my policy on jump seats. I never used to differentiate between AOA/non AOA but your erudite contributions to this website will ensure I do in future!

yawn......:{:{:{:{:{:{:{

iLuvPX
3rd Dec 2007, 14:31

Numero Crunchero, you must continually purport your superior mathematical skills, to cover up your lack of intellect. How weak minded of you to let one person(Badairsucker) change your entire perspective on jumpseating. Adolescent at best. If the AOA jumped off a bridge, would you follow them?

Lets just hope the more astute non-AOA members dont follow your puerile thought process and start denying AOA members jumpseats. Its not like the membership has the majority; it goes both ways.

To briefly answer your other questions:

In the meantime, would you mind telling me what pay offer YOU were able to negotiate with the company?
Zero, the same as the AOA did. Only thing is, I saved thousands of dollars over the last 6 years in dues, for the same end result.

Also, what LOI and legal protections do you get in your non union? And should you ever find yourself in a D+G situation, what professional help will you seek?

I would have the same protections you afforded to the 49ers...oh wait, we know how that turned out.

If I ever needed any professional help, I would do the smart thing and hire a real professional with the money I have saved in dues, and not rely on a broken Association with a horrific track record in every respect.

PX

BusyB
3rd Dec 2007, 15:10
IluvPX,

I'd dearly love to know what real professional you'd get. Do tell!

AACE
3rd Dec 2007, 16:19
Well, at least he's finally come out & admitted his real reason for not being a member ........ $$$$$$$
Just like all of 'em.
"Honey, if you don't become a member of the AOA, I could buy another handbag this month, please, please, please ....."

slow and low
3rd Dec 2007, 18:06
Hello iluvpx,

I tried to click on the real professional link you attempted to provide us.
It did not work so if you could please re-post with the correct link.
I'm sure your professional will obtain significantly more from the company.
Also do you think he/she could arrange a jumpseat for me over Chinese New Year?
I'm in the AOA, but willing to quit.
Thanks for all your help.:)

mayday911
3rd Dec 2007, 20:40
Holy crap, you guys are brutal.

I joined the AOA for one main reason. Alot of the places we fly too can throw you and your crew in jail for some perceived offense. How much do you think a good, competent aviation lawyer is going to cost you out of pocket? Cheap insurance...do you buy insurance for your car because you know that you are going to crash it into a tree after drinking all f-ing night.

We are not invincible.

Mayday

badairsucker
3rd Dec 2007, 23:41
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=302780

mmmmmmm:D

badairsucker
4th Dec 2007, 00:33
Well, at least he's finally come out & admitted his real reason for not being a member ........ $$$$$$$
Just like all of 'em.

oh dear!!!!!
It's statements like that which gives me the biggest smile.....:O

You really think it's all about the money don't you, how narrow minded you are. :=

help me out here AACE!

Pay into an organization which is in tatters and your a good bloke or don't pay into that organization which is in tatters and you not a good bloke. Am I correct?????????

My monthly investments in the stock market is based on some key facts such as past performance, growth, ability to adapt to a changing market and future goals. With this in mind I have done fairly well regarding investments, so money for me in terms of 1.5% of my salary is not really an issue, but read the first paragraph again and the things I look for in an organization seem to be missing in your AOA. Just my two cents worth mate.

AACE
4th Dec 2007, 02:29
You will never get it ....... because you ONLY think of yourself.

Come in Spinner !!!

badairsucker
4th Dec 2007, 02:54
Hang on AACE,

Which is it....selfishness now, you just wrote is was all about the money!!!

I think you need to have a sit sown............

AACE
4th Dec 2007, 03:20
As I said ...
Come in Spinner.

This really is fun !!!

Hellenic aviator
4th Dec 2007, 03:23
All this banter about whether someone is an AOA member or not, subject to whether or not he/she is given a jumpseat ? If One feels so strong about this belief, why doesn't One refuse to operate a flight, RT/PC or even attend the same Annual Emergency Training with the 'accused' ?

The last time I checked, we all wore the same uniform, and shook hands at Despatch as well as in the arrival hall....the thought never came across the mind to ask "oh by the way, are you an AOA member ?"

Well, should any pilot need my jumpseat, I'll be happy to help any fellow aviator first priority, be it commuter or non-commuter. IMHO, "in the unlikely event" of mutiple EICAS/ECAM messages illuminating the flightdeck like a Christmas tree, I would rather have another fellow aviator to assist us, than some ground staff who typically assigns me a middle seat with that :mad: entertainment box under my feet in Y class, or a couple of cabin crew that sit and talk loud enough to be heard at the 80kt call on the roll, despite having been briefed the rules, that SHOULD be taught in their ground school as well.

.......and I am not concerned whether someone is or is not an AOA member, because, "at the end of the day" we all have similar stories of hurdles in getting where we are today, and we all are subject to the same operational control and fury of Mother Nature - both entities don't differentiate between members and non-members. :=

I pay my monthly dues for my reasons, those that chose not to be a part of the AOA have theirs - that's what democracy is about.

:ok:

Bottom of Food Chain
4th Dec 2007, 04:32
Finally got someone who talk like a civilised professional.

To get the situation improved, I believe it's not a jump seat/no jump seat, or putting a pin on the tie or not problem. There must be reasons for people choose not to join AOA. Will that be $$? Will that 1.5% really means a lot to a pilot? Or will it be some other reasons?
All that we are talking here is just getting things worse, separating fellow pilots into 2 groups, without any help at all. Will the union try to understand why people not willing to join the union, for whatever the reason will be?

badairsucker
4th Dec 2007, 09:36
:ok:All this banter about whether someone is an AOA member or not, subject to whether or not he/she is given a jumpseat ? If One feels so strong about this belief, why doesn't One refuse to operate a flight, RT/PC or even attend the same Annual Emergency Training with the 'accused' ?

The last time I checked, we all wore the same uniform, and shook hands at Despatch as well as in the arrival hall....the thought never came across the mind to ask "oh by the way, are you an AOA member ?"

Well, should any pilot need my jumpseat, I'll be happy to help any fellow aviator first priority, be it commuter or non-commuter. IMHO, "in the unlikely event" of mutiple EICAS/ECAM messages illuminating the flightdeck like a Christmas tree, I would rather have another fellow aviator to assist us, than some ground staff who typically assigns me a middle seat with that :mad: entertainment box under my feet in Y class, or a couple of cabin crew that sit and talk loud enough to be heard at the 80kt call on the roll, despite having been briefed the rules, that SHOULD be taught in their ground school as well.

.......and I am not concerned whether someone is or is not an AOA member, because, "at the end of the day" we all have similar stories of hurdles in getting where we are today, and we all are subject to the same operational control and fury of Mother Nature - both entities don't differentiate between members and non-members. :=

I pay my monthly dues for my reasons, those that chose not to be a part of the AOA have theirs - that's what democracy is about.

:ok:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ACMS
4th Dec 2007, 22:15
It's quite simple really.

You either a fellow Pilot that wants to work towards the better good of the Pilot community............or you're not.

If you're not interested in improving the Terms and Conditions of OUR employment collectively then ..............

One day you might make a small mistake and get thrown in Jail in some back-water country, maybe then you'll realise the folly of your selfish narrow minded "all for one and one for me" attitude. We WONT be there to bail you out.

good luck pal.

I don't have a list showing which guys are members and which aren't, but maybe I should get one?

Time to make these "hangers on" become accountable for their selfish in-action.

Pinayfokker
5th Dec 2007, 05:12
Yes I'm pissed off too. And I'm normally such a happy lil Fokker.
Fok it.

PanZa-Lead
6th Dec 2007, 02:01
I like alot of captains in the AOA give preference to the aoa member. If two crew members apply for the js then I will give it to the aoa guy BUT I will give it to a non aoa pilot before a non pilot. So my order is:

1. aoa pilot
2. non aoa pilot
3. relatives of crew
3. the rest....

It is my seat to give away and I WILL give it to who ever I want to and I will refuse anyone I want to.

NewEssO
6th Dec 2007, 02:33
just curious, does the company frown upon pilots joining the AOA? will it have any disadvantage on pilots when we need favors from them? An example I can think of is asking the rostering department for a specific pattern so we can commute..?

Mr. Bloggs
6th Dec 2007, 03:43
You are new.:ugh:

NewEssO
6th Dec 2007, 04:40
yeah, i'm afraid so. Mr. Bloggs, care to elaborate on your answer?

jetset
6th Dec 2007, 06:34
An example I can think of is asking the rostering department for a specific pattern

Mr. Bloggs is just saying that the thought above is very naive, one doesn't ask the rostering dept for anything as the rostering dept. gives nothing.

Simple really. No bidline, no bids, no control of the roster, just a request system that is very simple.

Truckmasters
6th Dec 2007, 07:53
asking the rostering department for a specific pattern so we can commute..?
That would fall under giving them information that they don't need. Or alternatively "Please sir could you screw my roster and ensure that I can't commute"
It would probably be more fun to dowse yourself in petrol and ask the rostering department for a lit match - Statistically you'd be almost guaranteed to live, After all, their favourite answer is CANNOT.

AACE
7th Dec 2007, 02:05
Hell' Av'

Basically agree with what you say.
I'd never deny a fellow aviator a JS.
As the opening to this thread says, I'll just give priority to AOA members.
God nows why, but I'd even give badnobsuckr a seat !
Is that a sin ?

AACE
7th Dec 2007, 02:15
Hey badnobsucker !
Don't worry sonny, I'm definitely sitting down.
There's no way I could stand up while I'm laughing this much !!!!

PLEASE reply ....

SkyCruiser
7th Dec 2007, 04:17
AACE

Name calling hey, it's people like you that give us problems getting new members.

Please refrain from acting in an immature nature.

AACE
7th Dec 2007, 06:59
Yes Sir !!!!!

routetuner
7th Dec 2007, 11:09
Mate who else wants to go to mumbai!

Hellenic aviator
10th Dec 2007, 11:41
Fair enough AACE.
Like I said before, we all have our reasons whether or not to join the AOA. IMHO, I don't feel I have a right to 'condemn' a fellow aviator who chose not to join. Not to make this a philosophical nor a 'touchy feely' debate, some people truly cannot afford to pay dues to the AOA for personal reasons that One wouldn't understand unless One was 'in their shoes'. I know a few guys in this predicament - would I deny them a jumpseat just because they are not a member ? Certainly not. Do I feel that they enjoying the benefits that we as members have worked hard for ? Actually, I'd respond with a "No" considering the circumstances.
I respect your thoughts as well as PanZa-Lead's on your priority of acceptance. Still, IMHO, I would rather have a fellow aviator up front with us than someone who has no clue on what's going on, is able to lock themselves on the flightdeck despite having been shown how to open the door, or has the 'power' to assign me a middle class seat that doesn't recline and has that :mad: entertainment box at my feet, but wants a jumpseat for their travels.

ACMS
10th Dec 2007, 13:20
Bull:mad:...........................

hold on why I get out my Violin

geezz

Hellenic aviator
10th Dec 2007, 13:40
Hmm....care to elaborate ACMS on why you feel it's Bull:mad: whilst you play Brahms in B minor ?

It's quite simple really, if you have a problem, why don't you refuse to fly with them or do your RT/PCs with them ? No guts, no glory mate :hmm: