PDA

View Full Version : wow

draccent
29th Nov 2007, 06:45
I ask a sensible question, and get crap back. Thanks a lot. :yuk:

Only one person gave me a link which by the way...thank you VERY much. :ok:

Please see below:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=302098

So much for posting in this section. (expletive deleted)

S-Works
29th Nov 2007, 07:03
Welcome to PPrune. The worlds centre for childish behavior and ego mania!!

You did not actually answer the question I set you though which was real!!!

greenslopes
29th Nov 2007, 07:26
Shags,
The FAA licence is the easiest in the world to pass.
Stop quivering that bottom lip and get on with the job.
Nother bl**dy Gen X'r expecting to be spoon fed.

FREDAcheck
29th Nov 2007, 07:27
draccent,

On PPRUNE, there's no moral obligation on the other children to join in your game, or play it the way you want. Once you start a thread, you don't own it. Great for you if other people choose to help, but I think it a tad unreasonable to complain if they don't. It's a bit like people collecting for charity, and then abusing those that choose not to give, don't you think?

172driver
29th Nov 2007, 07:36
draccent, your crime probably was to ask a question about the FAA license, which many of the stick-and-rudder brigade here somehow consider inferior. I venture to say, that a lot of them might not pass it, though :E

Re your question: have you tried this (http://www.sportys.com/faatest/) ?

Google is your friend :ok:

scooter boy
29th Nov 2007, 08:03
"I venture to say, that a lot of them might not pass it, though :E"

I hear you 172 driver! Lots of unfounded snobbery out there garnished with envy and hidden behind a thin veneer of misplaced patriotism.

Especially since the FAA ticket is cheaper - it must be inferior?:8

Discuss...

SB

gcolyer
29th Nov 2007, 08:32
I have JAA and FAA tickets. No snobbery from me, just a bit of banter.

BackPacker
29th Nov 2007, 08:41
I ask a sensible question, and get crap back. Thanks a lot.

Nope. It was not a sensible question.

Sensible questions are the ones that we can all learn from, or have a laught from, or get a discussion going.

This question would require us (predominantly Europeans) to look up an FAA question bank on the internet for you, and cut&paste those questions here. Then wait a day or two for you to respond, then look up the answer in the FAA answer bank and tell you whether that's correct or not. Why in heavens name would we do that? What's in it for us?

When I read your thread starter, my initial thoughts were:
a. I'm not your teacher nor am I an FAA examiner. If you want me to drill you, you'll have to pay me.
b. What's wrong with Google. There are plenty question and answer sites out there for you to train (in fact, you have already done so), so why do we need to come up with novel ways to test your knowledge.

So as far as I'm concerned, people having a laugh at your expense was well deserved.

Having said that, you mentioned that you scored something like 77% on average. If there are specific subjects/questions that you do not understand, even after having taken the time to re-read the books, search PPRuNe and the rest of the internet, by all means go ahead and post them here. Most likely it will be a question which is either very obscure or open to interpretation. People get their Air Law books (or others) out and refresh their own knowledge, or get a discussion going. That's the stuff we're interested in here.

This is a forum, not a babysitting event.

gcolyer
29th Nov 2007, 09:18
Jesus BackPacker did you drop this????:eek:

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/11/10/22911011.jpg

Flybywyre
29th Nov 2007, 09:30
Well said BackPacker.............:D
It was a crap question
FBW

stickandrudderman
29th Nov 2007, 21:49
Just back from Hols (did you miss me G-EMMA?) and found a thread that resembles the Spanish Inquisition!

Perhaps Max's power is not so dry these days?:E

julian_storey
29th Nov 2007, 22:32
I think that we should save our mocking for the people who get a PPL and then post questions on here about whether they can wear 'four bars' to the pub and suffix the name on their cheque book with 'Captain' :rolleyes:

Mad Girl
30th Nov 2007, 02:42
I think that we should save our mocking for the people who get a PPL and then post questions on here about whether they can wear 'four bars' to the pub and suffix the name on their cheque book with 'Captain' :rolleyes:

I did my QXC on Thursday....Does that mean I can wear 3 bars now 'cos I'm nearly there!!! ;)

mikehammer
30th Nov 2007, 10:02
Funniest thread I read in ages. http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/images/smiles/popcorn.gif

hobbit1983
30th Nov 2007, 10:18
So can we wear four bars when we get the PPL?

OR you could get these for a laugh :}

http://www.afeonline.com/shop/images/5-bar%20novelty%20epaulette.JPG

Life's a Beech
30th Nov 2007, 14:50
People get paid for writing interesting and relevant, imaginative questions. Don't ask people to do it for free, draccent! It really isn't as easy as it sounds, it isn't as easy as answering other people's questions.

maxdrypower
30th Nov 2007, 15:42
Hey SARM Im here and very much as dry as a dry thing thats dry I unfortunately missed this thread of which we speak so cannot comment on its silliness .I like others dont expect some sort of spanish inquisition when we post , although I believe your chief weapon is Surprise? I have been silent ever since Gemma shouted at me and hurt my feelings us coppers cant handle that sort of abuse you know .:}:}:}:}:}

BRL
30th Nov 2007, 15:51
'allo 'allo 'allo, what's all this then........ http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=302098

:8

maxdrypower
30th Nov 2007, 16:01
aha thanks BRL now im in the loop. Im still standing by my decision to stay clear of MP quotes as that Gemma has a poison tongue (probably)
I agree , stupid question and flogging isnt good enough for you.
But whilst we are on the subject can anyone please explain to me again how we know the earth to be banana shaped?

hobbit1983
30th Nov 2007, 16:29
Only if you tell me how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.....

Flintstone
30th Nov 2007, 16:29
Think you're being a wee bit sensitive here draccent. I can see what you were after, maybe trying to provoke a bit of discussion, but you can hardly complain. People were just having a bit of fun.

On the inferiority or otherwise of licences all let you fly so who cares? If we're talking about difficulty to achieve them or depth of knowledge required for each that's different.

Sir George Cayley
30th Nov 2007, 19:08
Diversity training for the lot of you, you naughty little Ppruners:=

In this post nookleer society we have to be "all inclusive" and accept that others belief systems such as the muppet who caused all this have to taken into account.:p

So, Monday morning Pprune Towers classroom the lot of you.:{

Unless your religion/sexual preference/partner/roster/bank manager/teacher or probation officer(aka instructor) forbids you.

Sir George Cayley

Mad Girl
30th Nov 2007, 19:18
So, Monday morning Pprune Towers classroom the lot of you.:{

Unless your religion/sexual preference/partner/roster/bank manager/teacher or probation officer(aka instructor) forbids you.

Dress code???

Can I wear my 3 gold bars??? :p

wsmempson
30th Nov 2007, 19:33
Personally, I find a Black satin posing pouch with "Captain" embroidered on it ensures complete attention.

Mad Girl
30th Nov 2007, 19:55
Personally, I find a Black satin posing pouch with "Captain" embroidered on it ensures complete attention.

Do me a favour??

Give me some warning before you put something like that up..... I nearly choked on my drink! :D:D:D

maxdrypower
1st Dec 2007, 08:11
Excellent Thank you Gem , I will be at Pprune towers monday Im going to bring my tedday bear if no one has any objections Ive called it Jesus

BRL
1st Dec 2007, 09:30
I wonder if all the commuters in the south east will go around to Micheal Bond's house and protest............... :}