PDA

View Full Version : Dont Get Sick At Netjets

barista
26th Nov 2007, 18:20
So here is what you can expec if you full sick at Netjets.

A pilot was poisonned by contaminate air in flight. He has not flown for over a year. The companny say it is not there problem even though that aircraft had this problem writen up THREE times before.

Now he has been told by HR department that they have been wrongly paying him 100% salary and it shoul be 60%. So what is the fix? They will stop his pay until the ballance sheet is correct!

He was poisonned on duty.

They f***ed up his sallary.

Now they want to leave him without income until they get there money back.

These people make me vomit.

CL300
27th Nov 2007, 06:57
Barrista, I did report your post, because it is blasphematory, innacurate and misleading.
People are working behind the scene, this issue is 99% sorted.

This is COMPANY business, nothing to do on public thread, especially when it is wrong.

A company of more than 1000 people, that can correct one people mistake in less than 24 hours, with director of HR in the loop instantly does not merit your 'expletive' words.

One can be in disagreement with some company habits and doing; however when it comes to social matters it is second to none; the support is outstanding and with no second thoughts.

So you can moan that you are not flying the 7X, that you fly 50 days per quarter on max duty and minimum rest, that you do not know where you are going in the morning, and that in some countries you do not stay in a 5* hotel. But please, not this , this is THE strong point of the company.

barista
27th Nov 2007, 08:55
It hapenned so why not talk about it? Or are you saying it did not?

Too many people in the company sitting at there little desk trying to make there name at the cost of others. Ask yourself how you would feel if you were poisonned at work and the company deny all responsibility THEN say 'Sorry, we have to take your money because we should not have pay you'. They are never accountable, they just decide these thing and keep going without questions. Tell me what happens when a pilot screws up? Right, fired or busted down.

I am glad if it is sorted now but it should never have happen in the forst place.

It was the Excel.

pfnotflying
27th Nov 2007, 09:19
I can't see what is wrong if the company want the money back if the pilot, by mistake, got extra money. In all the other jobs are the same and nobody blame.

CL300
27th Nov 2007, 09:52
Whatever happened in the aircraft is one thing, well documented and so on.

The fact that a zealous HR secretary screw up is another one. Before raising hell on a public thread you should be aware that some people, (not being paid for that, just helping the others) are working behing the scene; it goes from writing to the top management to answer simple questions like, how do I get reimbursed of my medical expenses.

I know this is the job of an union, interface between management and workforce; I can only suggest you a couple of things, before posting on pprune, please log onto the company forum and raise concerns over there, wait a little, ask again, wait a little again , and you will have an answer.

For the time being , some interesting cases been sorted without sweat and tears, so think twice about the outcomes of your writing especially when it is not beneficial to the people involved.

Anyway, I think it is in everyone interest that this thread should be erased...

Flintstone
29th Nov 2007, 17:50
I can't see what is wrong if the company want the money back if the pilot, by mistake, got extra money. In all the other jobs are the same and nobody blame.

Except that it is illegal to do so under UK law without the permission of the employee.

Some might also think it improper to mess with the salary of a pilot poisoned in a company aircraft. There's a whole story behind that pfnf, one that many of the Netjets people on here don't want to become public.

This story has a long way to go. Maybe not now but it will come out in the end.

pfnotflying
29th Nov 2007, 19:57
I didn't know that it is illegal in the UK, in Italy it is legal.

dartagnan
29th Nov 2007, 20:05
interesting, don't erase this thread.
if it's not true, no big deal.
but if it is true, we will know what is happening in this company.

FourGreenNoRed
29th Nov 2007, 20:43
Smeagel where are you? :confused:

Smeagel
29th Nov 2007, 21:19
I'm here alright 4Green. Watching this one in disbelief. Well, not disbelief actually. I've been waiting for this story to surface for over a year.

The thing about this is that it's very, very serious for the pilot concerned. He was ill for a long time and is struggling to regain his health. I sincerely hope he gets well and regains his medical but in the meantime he's facing the uphill task of proving that his condition is the result of what happened on board a Netjets aircraft. The company of course deny that his illness is in any way linked to the aerotoxic incident. The third such incident on that particular aircraft if NJE employees are to be believed.

One thing Netjets do well is continue to pay any crew who are ill. No doubt about it, they keep the money coming. There have been several instances though of a desk-warrior taking it into their head to reduce or completely stop salaries, this isn't the first time.

You know as well as I do the way this is going, what threats/rumours are floating around. I'd like nothing more than to publicise those but the last thing I want to do is prejudice any court proceedings. He needs to win this one. They need to be shown they can't keep bullying people, particularly someone who lost his livelihood while carrying out his job.

FourGreenNoRed
29th Nov 2007, 22:49
Allright, then lets settle it here to protect the one involved and discuss it once its over. :suspect:

Smeagel
29th Nov 2007, 23:13
Excellent suggestion 4Green.

I love a good NJE scrap but in this case I'll bow out thanks. This guy needs to win.

pilotbear
30th Nov 2007, 15:37
CL300 get get your sycophantic head out of your A**e. We can say what we like on this rumour network.
As Voltaire stated ' I might not agree with your views but defend vigourously your right to express them'
That is why we live in Europe and not the Sudan
If your beloved company were so good and 'whiter than white' there would be no threads about it on here or anywhere else. Whilst there are probably many employees of NJ for whom the world is rosy there are clearly many who are not. And working with a snitch like you is a good reason not to be happy.
It will be very interesting to see how many people are in your corner when they stitch you up, which is of course inevitable.:ugh:

atpcliff
30th Nov 2007, 16:05
Hi!

From reading this thread, I think it has NOTHING to do with NetJets. I believe you are talking about NJEurope (and not NJMiddle East and not NJInternational???).

Please have your basic facts straight.

If I complaigned about Emirates, and I was actually talking about Cathay Pacific, that would be a large mistake.

NJE, NJME NJA (NetJets in the US), NJInterational (NetJets in the US that flies the large Gulfstreams and BBJS) and the soon-to-come NJChina are 5 separate companies.

cliff
KYIP

Flintstone
30th Nov 2007, 16:19
Tell me cliff, do you and the NJI/NJA/NJME guys not see NJE as your own then? What is the opinion of you over 'there' on those over 'here'?

south coast
30th Nov 2007, 16:21
See you next Tuesday's!

Flintstone
30th Nov 2007, 16:51
You or them?
I mean, I know what YOU are :E....................

atpcliff
30th Nov 2007, 17:07
Hi!

I just know about NJA (America). They are a FANTASTIC company that treats their employees great.

NJEurope is seperate, and most American pilots can't work for them because they don't have EU work permits, or JAA licenses. I don't know anything about them, except they are buying a lot of Falcon 7Xs.

cliff
KYIP

Flintstone
30th Nov 2007, 17:54
Have a read through some of the threads on here then cliff. NJE is a completely different animal to the Netjets you know.

atpcliff
30th Nov 2007, 18:22
Hi!

That's my point.

The thread title, and the original poster, says that all of this happened at NetJets.

It didn't. Apparently, it happened at NJEurope. I don't want any potential NetJets employees or customers thinking that this is a typical problem at NetJets. It is not.

cliff
KYIP

Flintstone
30th Nov 2007, 18:29
That's because most of the posts in here relate to european aviation. Over here Netjets Europe are known simply as 'Netjets'.

Fakawi
30th Nov 2007, 18:38
Moreover, Mr. Santuli should straighten these guys (NJE) out.
As long as he, who is ultimately in charge, turns a blind eye why should a destiction be made ?

Flintstone
30th Nov 2007, 18:52
That would work only if he is actually told what is going on. Is he? Who knows? I did hear tell that appointment of a training captain required his approval which suggests an incredible level of micro-management.

So either he knows but allows it to continue or is kept in the dark. Answers on a postcard please.

FourGreenNoRed
30th Nov 2007, 19:16
Please baer in mind, that this forum is used by a few former employees which left the company for various reasons to announce interna which do not belong here or in any other public forum in order to make politics.

Some of them work in companies which are in direct competition to NJE, some of them in leading positions too. Some use it to badmouth as much as it takes to offer Jobs on their own paradise via PM.

Get the drift?

Smeagel
30th Nov 2007, 20:29
Repeating yourself here 4Green. What's up luv?

Come to think of it I suppose we could mention that this forum is also used by people within Netjets (Europe, for the benefit of our American cousins) to make it appear that the company are all straight and above board, treat their crew well etc etc.

You know, management types and their puppets :rolleyes:

FourGreenNoRed
30th Nov 2007, 21:04
You know, and I am repeating myself here, I am not trying to cover mis-management I never had and never will, but I hate to read Interna which do not belong here. Thats a NO-NO and in the one or other case helped the ones involved, but overall just proves that we are in the need of a proper, private Intranet-Forum. In some cases it made things public which prevented the benefit or the improvement of the situation.

Most of the people working for NTA are quite happy and spend their time in a more useful way, but the ones on their personal revenge or on a Headhunting trip, those make my pressure rising.

Never, I repeat NEVER were things discussed here in equal width which improved in the company and which make it a place to stay. Because they are not existent? You know as much as I do, that this is not the case.

C-Ya

adam firth
30th Nov 2007, 21:14
I intend to keep the debate about this case "in house" about this Pilot. We are doing all that we can to bring appropriate pressure (& reason) to bear with Netjets management.

We have had a small success in retaining the 100% salary already paid in "error". However negotiations are in process & I want (as Smeagle says) this person to have the best possible chance of getting a fair settlement.

In the meantime, nothing stops us from seeing the "big picture" as they like to say in Lisbon: -so...

Check out this new film premiered n Paris last saturday: -here is a preview http://www.welcomeaboardtoxicairlines.com The film is showing in Brighton for one day on Sunday 2nd dec at the Sallis Benny Theatre at 11am http://www.cine-city.co.uk/2007/event/?id=130

Peter Jackson of the IPA is asking for those of us who have suffered an aerotoxic event to answer an anonymous questionnaire which will be used for a forthcoming Panorama Program on the UK BBC devoted to Aerotoxic Syndrome. Contact Peter at [email protected]

Smeagel
30th Nov 2007, 21:33
Sorry 4Green, didn'y explain myself. I thought something else had happened here and I'd missed it. Another NJE bashing thread and I didn't get to join in? You had me worried :O

I understand you being upset at people talking 'outside' but I think this latest incident has pushed some of your colleagues too far. People can only take so much. I really hope this reaches a happy conclusion otherwise we'll be hearing more of this.

As for you getting a 'secure' crew forum, what do you mean? Members of the one you have are vetted by the moderators who confirm applicants are actually employees. That would be the same if the forum were hosted here or on any other site.

If NJE hosted the forum for you it would be the same (except of course nobody would post anything contentious for fear of retribution). This thread was started by someone within your company who decided they had heard enough. I'm not quite sure how you would go about preventing that apart from ensuring that people had nothing to feel aggrieved about.

Flintstone
1st Dec 2007, 18:51
I wish the pilot concerned a speedy recovery and hope the nonsense surrounding his salary gets sorted out soon.

What IF the case is proven? IF the pilot is able to show this aerotoxic incident resulted in his debillitation and IF it is proven that this occurred after three (alleged) reports of cabin air contamination on that one aircraft how many owners of Netjets shares are going to be asking if they flew on it?

If they did the next step might be medical tests. What IF organophosphates and other contaminants are found in their systems? Rich people can afford much better lawyers than poor pilots.

freebird68
7th Dec 2007, 17:39
I have read this thread with interest.

Firstly, lets get one thing straight. YES the Netjets companies are all run by different management. HOWEVER, they are all under the same umbrella and ultimately governed by Mr Santuli and Mr Buffett.

They have some say in everything which goes on in NJE and NJME, otherwise the company would not be able to use the Netjets name! A bit like a franchise I suppose.

There are two sides to any coin, ie many cases of staff being treated badly, :{and there are also loads where they are VERY well looked after.:ok:

NJE contracts and terms of employment are decided without Union intervention/negotiation, so until such a time that the staff have a voice through a Union these things will always go on.

Good luck to the pilot concerned, I hope he recovers soon and gets what he is entitled to.