PDA

View Full Version : Manchester

Fuji Abound
22nd Nov 2007, 20:59
Quick question before a call in the morning - anyone know the current cost of a twin into Manchester and four hours parking please?

Any problems with slots for GA?

22nd Nov 2007, 23:06
Not sure about Man Int'l Fuji, but if a Seneca, Aztec, 310, 303 or similar size twin Barton can accomadate (621M grass on 27L) Closer to City Centre too. Charges are here:

http://www.bartonaerodrome.co.uk/downloads/charges_2007.pdf

One word of advice if you do though, hold the nose back on landing cos its far from the flattest of strips, lots of bumps. Will be easier to get in and out off traffic wise. If your twin needs more take off and landing distance look at Woodford too. Less traffic and probably cheaper too. BaE don't have anywhere near the traffic and depending on where your going taxi will be similar costs too.

Edit: Woodford would need to order a taxi in advance.
Manchester Int'l think for GA its compulsary handly through Northern Executive Aviation (who have just been taken over by Ocean Sky) so costs will be alot. You can confirm tomorrow but I'd anticipate costs of £150 plus because there is a take off fee.

Fuji Abound
23rd Nov 2007, 09:48

Thank you.

Barton is a tad short I am afraid.

Woodford, as I understood, tell me they are not open to GA traffic other than on BAe business - unless you know otherwise?

You are a bit high on the cost at City - which is the answer for me on this occasion unless Woodford is a viable alternative.

FlyingForFun
23rd Nov 2007, 09:52
I took a C172 into Manchester a couple of years ago. Landing fees depend on the time of day, being very reasonable off-peak, and not at all reasonable during peak periods, so even if I could remember numbers (which I can't) and the type was similar to what you're planning on taking in (which it isn't), I don't think a quick answer of an amount of money will actually answer your question.

Best bet would be to give Manchester School of Flying a call. I don't have contact details to hand, but they handle private GA at the airport, and were 100% helpful and friendly.

FFF
---------------

Fuji Abound
23rd Nov 2007, 09:55
FF

Thanks - yep, I did so already this morning - really friendly and helpful as you say and the costs arent too bad.

HeliCraig
23rd Nov 2007, 10:10
Go on Fuji - let us know how much the costs are?

I posted a similar question at BHX (but in a rotary) in the BHX thread earlier this week - no reply yet.

Be interesting to see what MAN want!

Shunter
23rd Nov 2007, 10:15
Have to say I'd be curious aswell. Many's the time I've cut it a little fine thanks to the farce that is the M62. For day trips I'd be more than happy to pay a reasonable rate to land and park for a few hours just to avoid the damn motorway.

Fuji Abound
23rd Nov 2007, 10:44
Well I think they may have given me a good rate so please dont quote me! Any way for a twin with parking it was just over £100.

Ringway Flyer
23rd Nov 2007, 20:01
MSF might oblige - look here:- http://www.msfaviation.com/prices-handling.php