PDA

View Full Version : career flight instructor?

kloe
21st Nov 2007, 23:18
hi guys,

I posted a similar question a while back and I am looking for any updated stories or comments on people loving just to teach others to fly as a flying career not necessarily your full time job as it does not pay fantastic wages.

How many people love it and the reasons they are career instructors.

thank you

kloe:ok:

FlyingForFun
23rd Nov 2007, 09:48
Kloe,

Last time you asked the question, I replied:Now I teach multi-engine, CPL and IR, and I know I made the right decision. I love teaching, and I love light aircraft. I work 9-6 Monday-Friday, I never have to stay away overnight, and the people I work with are as enthusiastic about flying as I am. It's not quite as much fun as PPL instructing, and it doesn't pay as well as an airline job would, but for me it's a good balance between lifestyle and salary. But it's not a path to take unless you're dedicated to it.When I wrote this, over a year ago, I had changed jobs only a few months earlier and my new role was still new and exciting. Now, a year on, it's pretty much routine for me. But, re-reading what I wrote back then, I've surprised myself in that it could have been written yesterday! My views have not changed at all!

Good luck with your future career!

FFF
---------------