PDA

View Full Version : AEGEAN AIRLINES: AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER?

renegade01
4th Nov 2001, 16:54
Aegean Airlines, a Greek regional (6 Rj-100s, 3ATRs and 2 Lear jets) has merged with Cronus Airlines (2 B737-400, 4 B737-300), an international company flying scheduled and charter flights all over Europe. Both companies are suffering from big losses and this is the reason of merging. The new company gets the name of Aegean since the major shareholder is Mr Vassilakis, owner of Aegean. So far so good. Now comes the big news. The new admin has decided to cut down on crew expenses and informed us that we have two options: 1) Some of us have to be made redundant, 2) All of us get one month obligatory leave without payment of course. However, these two options apply only to B737 crews, that is the former Cronus Airlines employees! Isn't that cool? Are we the only employees of the company who has to suffer? Why this distinction between the crews of the same company? Mr Vassilakis and his "managers trainees" are advertising on TV that AEGEAN AIRLINES equals CIVILIZATION! Some civilization !!!!! Those people will soon find out, the hard way, what is their big mistake!

F-5DRIVER
5th Nov 2001, 16:36
Well done RENEGADE. Someone has to unveil the two hidden faces of AEGEAN AIRLINES managers'. By the way, what is going on with the retired Air Force general who plays the manager's role? Is he still in position?

renegade01
7th Nov 2001, 00:25
He is still active but lost in space as always!!!!!

quickturnaround
7th Nov 2001, 12:30
Very bad behavior indeed!.. I presume that the former Cronus pilots are not protected by HALPA??
Are you guys united in any way or helped by a syndicate like HALPA?

KALHMEPA

renegade01
7th Nov 2001, 14:05
Unfortunately we are not united in any way and for this reason we are being treated like this! If we, hopefully, come out of this situation unharmed then we have to start thinking about a union. HALPA, for the time being covers only the Olympic's pilots!

Shawny1
7th Nov 2001, 14:40
I used to work down in Athens for Avionic so I know what you guys are going through. I just hope that it all works out for you all and things turn good. Keep the chin up and watch your back.
Regards to all!!

LAVDUMPER
7th Nov 2001, 19:10
Renegade01,

Are you ex-Cronus 737 pilots still flying the charters or are you flying more scheduled runs now?

What is your personal mix of flying - charter vs. scheduled now?

Splitting pilot groups internally is always bad news and would never foster a sense of unity... Best of luck with that situation!

P.S. What's the state of the Axon/Olympic merger? Will it happen and by when?

LAVDUMPER
7th Nov 2001, 23:01
Tomas Jones,

Easy there jacka$$... Nice tone and demeaning language... You sound like I pilot I would rather NOT fly with... Have you taken any CRM courses? Guess not.

Most people don't care who Renegade01 is - it's his issue that he brought up that is really IMPORTANT - segregating pilot groups within an airline. That is evidence of POOR management. Obviously, Tomas Jones, you are not aware of the "service" orientation of this business - pilot relations is an important factor in this business. Breeding hate and discontent between pilot groups is not healthy - although I think you would be a proponent for it...

Perhaps you should return to your camel in Istanbul and refrain from maligning others who actually bring up PERTINANT discussion points... This is a discussion forum. How do you say "A$$hole" in Turkish?

renegade01
14th Nov 2001, 10:52
Latest rumors say that Aegean Airlines management are reconsidering their decisions.Lets hope for the best. :confused: :confused: :confused: