PDA

View Full Version : GA pilots ONLY!

mark sicknote
20th Nov 2007, 09:59
May I suggest in light of current pprune trends that the GA forum be restricted to persons flying ac below 3000LB MTOW. There will be no admin fee as we all need the cash to go flying. All perspective members must submit the following:

Oily rag
Fuel drain tester (used)
reciept for an aviation headset below 500USD(Sorry BOSE X users)
A map
E6B flight computer
Current CLASS 3 medical
A letter of introduction displaying no hedonistic tendenciesBest,

Sicknote:ok:

luigi_m_
20th Nov 2007, 10:01
What addres would you like the duel-drainer sent to? I have just found one in my kitchen...

FullyFlapped
20th Nov 2007, 10:07
Excellent idea : I have to say I find the formation of the "Forum for the Golden Ones" hilarious ... still and all, it is their toy after all, and they're entitled to play with it how they see fit ! :D:D:D

Cor, I wonder what they talk about in there ... do you think they have a secret handshake as well ? :eek:

FF :ok:

PS : couldn't knock that max weight up a little, could you ... say by 815 llbs ? Much obliged !

mark sicknote
20th Nov 2007, 10:44
Fullyflapped

Hmm...ok we can just squeeeeeeze you in:ok:

Anything above that would def. be considered "professional".

Any handshake considered...as long as the recipient ends up with some multigrade on their hands:}

Best,

Sicknote

LowNSlow
20th Nov 2007, 10:48
mark sicknote sorry mate, can't do the multigrade handshake, my old Cirrus is 100W only!!!

Captain Procedures
20th Nov 2007, 10:53
Fully flapped, I was sitting with Sicknote in the pub in HK when we came up with this thread. I feel I have some say in the MTOW limit, so, if you are flying something cool at 3815LBS you can join. Providing, of course, that you have an oily rag etc.

CP

TractorBoy
20th Nov 2007, 11:00
Do oily trousers count ? :}

Major Major
20th Nov 2007, 11:08
:mad:

I only have a CRP1 and a huge list of hedonistic tendencies.

Phil Space
20th Nov 2007, 11:12
Perhaps owners in one forum,renters in another and a special forum for those with money to burn in an old twin:rolleyes:

gpn01
20th Nov 2007, 11:18
Oily rag - Oil ? Nope. Use a little for hinges, so don't need a rag
Fuel drain tester (used) - Fuel ?....errr, nope can't see the point of the stuff
reciept for an aviation headset below 500USD(Sorry BOSE X users) - headset ? Sorry, no radio
A map - Phew, yep I qualify there, always keep a Little Chef roadmap handy
E6B flight computer - A WOT?
Current CLASS 3 medical - Nope, don't need one of those
A letter of introduction displaying no hedonistic tendencies - sadly no.
So, looks like I qualify only with the Little Chef map!

mark sicknote
20th Nov 2007, 11:36
GPN

"Little Chef will kindly swap your empty plate for a lollipop".

:ok:

sternone
20th Nov 2007, 11:44
I guess because of my huge popularity and intelligent comments i'm not allowed...

FullyFlapped
20th Nov 2007, 11:44
Perhaps owners in one forum,renters in another and a special forum for those with money to burn in an old twin
Nope, I think a twin is pushing it too far - all that asymmetric recovery stuff smacks of professionalism to me, and is deffo in the domain of the Golden Ones ! :p

I think access should be limited to one donk only, and you must admit to having secretly spent time looking at "pilot's watches" in the magazines. Of course, anyone found being able to spell "epaulettes" properly should be barred immediately ...

FF :ok:

vancouv
20th Nov 2007, 11:49
And if you insist on logging P2 in a PA28 you definitely shouldn't be allowed in......

Major Major
20th Nov 2007, 12:30
I guess because of my huge popularity and intelligent comments i'm not allowed...

Of course you are Sterny. In fact, our mission has to be to see if we can sneak you under the wire into the Golden Ones forum, where you can wreak havoc with our blessing!

HeliCraig
20th Nov 2007, 13:10
G-EMMA: How dare you! I work at that esteemed vehicle manufacturer and watch these shiny pieces of expert precision engineering roll of the line and out of the gate every day... (although that could be because the brakes don't work!).

They do NOT leak oil. Ever. No matter how old. End Of Discussion. The End.

:eek::):}:E

PPRuNe Towers
20th Nov 2007, 13:17
Land Rovers do not leak oil - they are simply marking their territory.

Unless fording of course as in my avatar. They just steam gently while creating an attractive bow wave.

Kudos to the private fraternity who recognise an absolute piss take on the Rumours and News forum when they see one. It's a regular 18 month cycle of putting the golden ones back in their box when they get uppity.

Rob

chevvron
20th Nov 2007, 13:42
What's a class 3 medical? I used to have one for my PPL years ago, but now I'm forced to have a JAA Class 2

BRL
20th Nov 2007, 13:59
All perspective members must submit the following:
Oily rag
Fuel drain tester (used)
A map
E6B flight computer
Current CLASS 3 medical
A letter of introduction displaying no hedonistic tendencies

Sorry, not having any of this rubbish here.

You must send me four cans of Stella* and 20 Silk Cut* to gain access to the exclusive forum.... :} :}
*non-returnable

DX Wombat
20th Nov 2007, 14:01
It's a regular 18 month cycle of putting the golden ones back in their box when they get uppity.
:D:D:D Any chance of keeping some of them (a very tiny minority of course) locked up in there permanently PPT? :E:E:EYou must send me four cans of Stella* and 20 Silk Cut* to gain access to the exclusive forum.... BRL, absolutely NOT! I have no intention of helping anyone to pickle their lungs or innards, it tends to have a nasty effect on their respiratory and liver functions. How about some nice camomile tea instead?

mark sicknote
20th Nov 2007, 14:06
Hey Chevron,

Class 3 I'm referring to is the min requirement to hold a Philippine PPL...did my training there and fly there regularly. Need to get home to Inverness and see if Highland Aviation can sort me out with a UK PPL...

I really like this GA forum...we seem to have our feet more on the ground...excuse the pun.

Best,

Sicknote:ok:

BRL
20th Nov 2007, 14:09
How about some nice camomile tea instead?

Tea. TEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on DX, everyone knows I don't drink tea or coffee!!! :}

mark sicknote
20th Nov 2007, 14:11
Oh Crap!

:(Have I just been "moderated"?

20 Silk Cut and some Wife Beater heading your esteemed way BRL:ok:

BRL
20th Nov 2007, 14:12
You are number one........ :ok:

DX Wombat
20th Nov 2007, 14:14
everyone knows I don't drink tea or coffee!!! I didn't but I do now so how about a bottle or two of basic Whisky? (https://secure1.securewebexchange.com/aquamaestro.com/productsnew/highland3.jpg)

BackPacker
20th Nov 2007, 15:01
All perspective members must submit the following:
Oily rag
Fuel drain tester (used)
A map
E6B flight computer
Current CLASS 3 medical

Perhaps we need to be a little more practical in this electronic day and age and make a list of questions to be answered properly. Something along the lines of:

1. Under what conditions can you log P2 in a PA-28?
2. What is the expected response if you announce yourself "Ready for Departure" at an airfield with an A/G service?
3. It is a glorious weekend. You are flying VFR from France to the UK and Lille has just cleared you to change frequency to London Info. What can you expect upon changing to the London Info frequency?
4. What is the cheapest deal on hour building in the UK?
5. What is the best headset under USD 500?
6. Under what conditions can you fly VFR on top?
7. Give the proper type numbers for the following Pipers: Cherokee, Cadet, Warrior II, Archer, Arrow.
8. Is the "demonstrated crosswind" a limit or not?

I'm sure we can come up with more.

Major Major
20th Nov 2007, 15:18
What is the demonstrated G loading for a Beechcraft/Piper? (delete the one you don't care about)

How is lift generated? Express in terms of lift pixies.

How many times can a C172 barrel roll in succession?

Major Major
20th Nov 2007, 15:29
No chance - 2 pixies per square inch?! How big do you think a lift pixie is?

IFollowRailways
20th Nov 2007, 15:35

Much better would be no onanistic tendancies!

Ivor_Novello
20th Nov 2007, 15:44
Can't believe no one mentioned bacon butties yet !

DX Wombat
20th Nov 2007, 17:03
2. What is the expected response if you announce yourself "Ready for Departure" at an airfield with an A/G service?
3. It is a glorious weekend. You are flying VFR from France to the UK and Lille has just cleared you to change frequency to London Info. What can you expect upon changing to the London Info frequency?
7. Give the proper type numbers for the following Pipers: Cherokee, Cadet, Warrior II, Archer, Arrow.

1 - Never, I don't fly them.
2 - Deathly silence or "You what? What are you on about?"
3 - "Standby" followed by a prolonged silence (a bit like trying to speak to a certain GA-UNfriendly airport only much politer)
4 - TWOC-king?
5 - mine! :) (but it's not for sale)
6 - depends how long it takes the or little C152 to climb up there.
7 - No idea, don't really care or need to know, they are all versions of a flying brick. :E

alvin-sfc
20th Nov 2007, 19:05
If theres anymore of this nonsense,it will be time for Mr and Mrs Spank to make a short sharp trip to botty land !:=

stickandrudderman
20th Nov 2007, 19:49
I mean, what have the "Golden ones" ever done for us?

maxdrypower
20th Nov 2007, 20:02
SARM I cant even go there for fear of being chastised by GEMMA

stickandrudderman
20th Nov 2007, 20:04
Ode for a "chicken" icon!:ouch:

Fuji Abound
20th Nov 2007, 20:12
Quote:

1 - Never, I don't fly them.
2 - Deathly silence or "You what? What are you on about?"
3 - "Standby" followed by a prolonged silence (a bit like trying to speak to a certain GA-UNfriendly airport only much politer)
4 - TWOC-king?
5 - mine! (but it's not for sale)
6 - depends how long it takes the or little C152 to climb up there.
7 - No idea, don't really care or need to know, they are all versions of a flying brick.

8 questions, 7 answers, I just cant work out which answer goes with which question. :)

(that's my largest cut and paste ever as well :) :))

eharding
20th Nov 2007, 20:22
that's my largest cut and paste ever as well

You keep a record of the size of cut & paste quotes in your postings?

:eek:

Fuji Abound
20th Nov 2007, 20:43
You keep a record of the size of cut & paste quotes in your postings?

Of course, dont you?

Super idea though. You have my 101% support.

DX Wombat
20th Nov 2007, 21:36
Oops! Missed the crosswind one so:
8 - depends on how much you have managed to annoy it and how much it is prepared to put up with.

I mean, what have the "Golden ones" ever done for us?To be absolutely fair to at least one of them - he helped extricate me from a nasty situation when communication with D&D was extremely difficult. :ok: I've also got several very helpful friends amongst them.

foxmoth
21st Nov 2007, 06:32
And many "Golden ones" (assuming by this you mean Airline/commercial pilots) have very oily rags,use fuel drainers,maps etc. and also fly machines well under the weight.:cool:

Dr Eckener
21st Nov 2007, 09:28
I am now totally confused. I fly a 50+ tonne machine and a one donk lightweight. Should I average them out and seek a 26 tonne forum?

BackPacker
21st Nov 2007, 22:11
I am now totally confused. I fly a 50+ tonne machine and a one donk lightweight. Should I average them out and seek a 26 tonne forum?

You should apply to the mods and get your own forum!

Otherwise you'll just confuse the hell out of us. Especially as you should not only average out the weight, but also the engines and other stuff. "If I have one-and-a-half engine on average, do I need a SEP or MEP rating?" "Can I log P2 if my type of aircraft requires one-and-a-half pilot as crew?":confused:

Dr Eckener
22nd Nov 2007, 15:46
Good point Backpacker. I'm also worried now that I will only get 2 hosties bringing me half a cup of tea half the time! :eek:

DeeCee
22nd Nov 2007, 16:05
How about we start a '121.5' is only for GA - mainly for practise purposes?

Or do you think it might lead to a prolonged discussion........

DX Wombat
22nd Nov 2007, 20:16
Or do you think it might lead to a prolonged discussion........ More likely to lead to a swift banning if you ask me. :uhoh:

matt_hooks
23rd Nov 2007, 01:20
Right, I think I've collected the necessary, although it's going to be hard to part with my old oily rag. I do hope you give it a good home!

Also, will a fuel strainer with JetA1 in it do? It was the only one I could steal out of the oil store at short notice. I've got a collection of them somewhere, fecked if I know where though!

Can I add that anyone who has ever worn one of those green romper suits to fly a 152, 172, PA28 etc. should receive a lifetime ban for pretentiousness?

And anyone who uses ridiculously long words like pretentiousness should also receive a lifetime ban for being pretentious.

Seeya, I'm off to sneak in with the big boys, see if they have any fuel strainers for me to steal!

Droopystop
23rd Nov 2007, 09:14
I thought this was the private forum, the GA forum is two up (or is it down) in the list? So Moderators, could you move it please :E

So going through the list:

Oily rag
- the passenger in the front row has borrowed mine

Fuel drain tester (used)
- Yep, got one of those in each machine

Reciept for an aviation headset below 500USD(Sorry BOSE X users)
- Yep, Bose headsets proven to be inadequate in the machines I fly

A map
- Of course. It moves too, from the storage to my knee and back again

E6B flight computer
- never depart without it

Current CLASS 3 medical
- Ah well, bit of a career stopper that one, but I can exercise privillages of a class 1

- My line trainer could do that for me - not allowed on fleet with hedonistic tendencies!

Sorry for raiding the thread and forum - I'll go back to Rotorheads where a private pilot never dares post.

ThePirateKing
23rd Nov 2007, 12:00
Reciept for an aviation headset below 500USD(Sorry BOSE X users)
Unfortunately, mine cost about £6000 from Grabair. On the bright side, it did come with a free 45 hours of PPL training with a nice man called Tim.
TPK:ok:

flyingsteve55
23rd Nov 2007, 14:49
Unfortunately, mine cost about £6000 from Grabair. On the bright side, it did come with a free 45 hours of PPL training with a nice man called Tim.

Dammit I've been done. All I got was very well used drainer for my £8k in '06.

Instead of rag will an old sheet of kitchen roll do , well used for activities various. Ah - rephrase - well used for wiping mud of underside, flies off screen and oil from dipstick.

Can I also suggest inclusion of a used and crumpled wax-paper funnel be included in the pre-requisites for membership?