PDA

View Full Version : FI job opportunities in N Ireland

eph6
19th Nov 2007, 20:20
Would anyone out there have a feeling for the need or demand for FI's in NIreland. Would you need to travel further afield, either down South or across the water? I've a partner that doesn't want to move but I'd love to make use of my FI cert. Thanks for any advice.

Callsign Kilo
19th Nov 2007, 20:54
Go along to UFC at Newtownards. The CFI is David Hodgkinson. Nice chap, nice airfield and the club utilises a modern fleet of Cessna's. Pretty sure (but not certain) that they would be interested.

eph6
23rd Nov 2007, 12:02
Callsign kilo, thanks, very much appreciated, I'm going to travel over Newtownards this weekend and make my introductions. Am I correct in thinking that you're instructing over in Scotland. Is there a need for instructors over there?

Callsign Kilo
23rd Nov 2007, 12:09
Not yet, but I'm working towards it. Albeit slowly due to it being p/t.

Don't regard Scotland being any different from most places in the UK. A shortage of intructors up here as well!

paddyav8r
1st Dec 2007, 19:22
The north west of Ireland is screaming out for instructors - where are you based?

JK

2close
1st Dec 2007, 20:09
We talking Donnegal or Derry?

Solar
2nd Dec 2007, 02:25
eph6
Derry is definitely an option, PM me for info.

paddyav8r
2nd Dec 2007, 20:35
Nobody answers the phone at Derry... Letterkenny has no instructors... Movenis only has a Parachute school, Mulaghmore has closed. Is there anywhere else in the North West???

It seems that you have to drive to Aldergrove, Newtownards, Enniskillen or Sligo to learn to fly.

Perhaps I'm missing something here? Maybe nobody wants to learn to fly in this part of the country.

...seems to me that a professionally run flying school would make a killing.

JK

hangar
3rd Dec 2007, 09:31
Nobody ever answers the phone at Derry?
Most likely reason is the instructor is flying and theres nobody else to answer it!!!
Why dont you try ringing at the weekend!
:ugh:

you could try p m me!

paddyav8r
5th Dec 2007, 20:34
I think this sums up what's going on in Derry...

www.eglintonflyingclub.com/ (http://www.eglintonflyingclub.com/)

JK

Solar
6th Dec 2007, 13:48
Paddy
Try and get one of the two aircraft on a flyable weekend and you will see that the website is not really a reflection on what is going on.
Its a bit like going into a really tidy garage/workshop you have to ask yourself is there any work going on here when there's time to keep it so neat!!!!.