PDA

View Full Version : Algonquin Flight School / PriAcademy

winto22
19th Nov 2007, 16:05
Hi All

Has anybody out there done there training in the Algonquin Flight School in

North Bay Ontario ?

Also has anyone delt with PRI ( Pilot recruitment international ) in order to do there training there .

I am thinking of staring my training there in Jan and need some opinions?

If so what course did yuo choose , are u foreign or canadian , and whats you overall opinion regarding what you recieve for getting into the airline industry ?

Your comments are more than welcome

Moose47
19th Nov 2007, 17:08
G'day

I do public relations for Algonquin Flight Centre here in North Bay.

We currently have a number of Irish students here that seem to be quite happy with things.

If you want to contact me off board, I might be able to get one of them to answer some of your questions.

Cheers...Chris

DJRC
19th Nov 2007, 18:27
As Moose47 says there are a group of Irish lads here at the momment doing there training through PRI. From what I can see, PRI offer a complete package that trains you here in Canada and then converts you back in Europe to JAA, so by the time your'e finished you can go knocking on the door of airlines, that said, make use of their website and give them a call for more accurate details as their packages vary depending on requirements: http://www.priacademy.com/academy-home.html

But also make use of AFC's own site for more information about the training here: http://www.algonquinflightcentre.com/

From what I can see, the training here is well structured and well taught, although it is only early days for me. Canada is a great country to live in and North Bay a great place to learn to fly. I would just say, look at all your options, PRI is great if you want everything taken care of and put together as a package, it would also mean having the company of training with other candidates in a group which is great for learning and your social life. However it is not the only option for training at AFC which is a good school in it's own right, you can still train here directly without going via PRI if you want. My guess is PRI is probably more suited to you, but speak with some of the existing students and see what you think, don't forget to look at all your options and find what suits you best within your own budget.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you need more info :ok:

winto22
23rd Nov 2007, 11:37
hey guys

thanks for the info , im nearly set now and ready to go on the 4th or 5th jan,

can wait to finally start flying fulltime and tackle all ground school etc,

if anyone is also going to Algoinquin start date 9th jan 08 let me know,

cheers

koostachin
18th Feb 2008, 17:31
Any future pilots DO NOT GO TO EAGLE FLIGHT CENTRE IN SUDBURY THAT GUY ROLAND IS A PRICK AND WILL NOT TEACH YOU PROPERLY. I REGRET ATTENDING T HAT SCHOOL. I SHOULD HAVE WENT TO NORTH BAY I KNOW CHIEF PILOT RONALD MCDONALD IS THE BEST EXAMINER AND IS MERCIFUL WHEN DOING YOUR FLIGHT EXAM WITH HIM.

AGAIN DO NOT ATTEND EAGLE CENTRE IN SUDBURY, THAT GUY ONLY WILL LET FLY IF ITS OVER 10,000 FEET OR CLEAR DAY.

I WASTED $12,000 DOLLARS WITH THAT STUPID GERMAN NAZI ROLAND

DJRC
19th Feb 2008, 19:28
I can't speak for Eagle Flight Centre in Sudbury, but AFC is certainly a good school in my experience (so far), unfortunately Ron McDonald sadly passed away last year, however the training program he put together here continues to be used as it is second to none. Perhaps you should have moved flight school before forking out too much hard earned cash, I guess these things are a little difficult though once you are in training....