PDA

View Full Version : The Lady is a Tramp

bugg smasher
4th Nov 2001, 08:28
I found myself at a counter-culture comedy club in Greenwich Village a couple of nights ago, my lovely but sometimes-persistent wife insisted, really. I was helpless to prevent it. In any event, there were some outrageously subversive ideas floating around that very smoky room, by your collective leave allow me to share one of the more interesting ones;

Osama says to his wife, “Honey, I’m just going out to fly an airliner into a tall building, here’s some grocery money, have a great day”. She replies, “That’s fine dear, but not until you’ve taken out the garbage, painted the bathroom, picked up Mohamed from school at four, and don’t forget little Fatima from her ballet lessons at five. If you still have the energy to do that airplane thing after that, well, boys will be boys.”

There is an infamous Italian lady journalist, Oriana Fallaci, who has contributed immeasurably to her infamy in the last week by publishing a scathing indictment of her fellow countrymen with regard to their ambivalent views on the current situation. The brunt of her irascible anger, however, is not limited to her fellow Italians. She contributes to the general cacophony by stating, “if the Muslim women allow themselves to be veiled and prevented from driving cars by those thugs, that is their problem. Modesty indeed!”

Interesting is it not? Viewing the claims of the extremists in that light, the supremely gentle and civilizing influence of a young mother with her pups in tow appears to have been completely and brazenly bulldozed. The picture begins to focus.