PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Solo

batninth
16th Nov 2007, 18:25
Yes, celebrations at batninth towers after I got to do my first solo this morning.

I would like to say thank you to the various posters who provide advice & guidance. Even though the posts were for other people there are, I guess, many ppruners like me who get a lot of help from them.

Foxy Loxy
16th Nov 2007, 18:37
Congratulations batninth! Wishing you well for the rest of your PPL:ok:

Foxy

sternone
16th Nov 2007, 18:58
Congratulations!!! Did you took any pictures ?

Shunter
16th Nov 2007, 19:25
Personally I was so busy combining the enormous buzz with the sweaty palms on my first solo to take photos!

When I was at that stage about 18 months ago I thought I'd have long forgotten it by the time I'd moved on, got 150hrs or so in my logbook etc.. Well I've got those 150hrs and I haven't forgotten it. Don't think I ever will!

Congrats :)

edit: By the way, I see you're based in Leeds (as I am). Did you do it at LBA? Was a cracking day for it.

madgav
16th Nov 2007, 20:04
Congratulations (from someone who soloed for the first time just 3 weeks ago :-)! Big smile still on my face :)

I would have to say I too have picked up loads of advice & guidance from this site, and even though the posts were for others I still feel a great sense of gratitude to the posters who take time to share their experience with noobs like myself.

Have had 2 lessons since then (in poor conditions). No more solo to date, was a perfect day today & had a lesson booked, but the instructor was in bed with 'flu :(

Gavin.

batninth
17th Nov 2007, 07:53
Shunter,
By the way, I see you're based in Leeds (as I am). Did you do it at LBA? Was a cracking day for it.

I'm learning up at Baxby Manor (aka "Husthwaite"), it's surprising how the weather can vary between Leeds & Thirsk. Wasn't too bad a day up there, bit more overcast & mist to the North & East but ok at the airfield itself. Just had to keep a more wary eye open as there were a couple of Tocano's playing over the top of the Hambletons.