PDA

View Full Version : IMC extension

FougaMagister
13th Nov 2007, 13:40
I have a question regarding IMC privileges; my Multi-Engine Piston IR lapsed after I started flying for the airlines, but I still fly SEP a/c. I'm aware that my MPA/IR is only valid for the a/c type for which I am type rated and is renewed at every LPC.

When I used to renew the MEP/IR (SPA) - alternatively on FNPT IIs or in an MEP(L) - my (CAA) IMC rating was automatically extended for another 25 months - nice :D

What I would like to know is this: now that my IR only covers the ATR42/72, does an LPC also renew the IMC or not? I have looked up the answer and asked a number of people, but nobody really seems 100% sure - probably because the answer involves both "old" CAA and "new" JAA privileges.

Cheers :cool:

homeguard
13th Nov 2007, 16:25
The first question is to ask what cpl you hold.

If you hold a UK CAA CPL/ATPL, which it sounds like you have, then your IMC privileges are contained within your licence and therefore you have no need to renew the IMCR.

Whopity
13th Nov 2007, 16:43
As Homeguard says if you have a UK National CPL or ATPL then you don't need an IMC rating because the privileges are built in. See ANO Schedule 8. If you have a JAA Professional Licence then to exercise the privileges of an IMC rating then it must be entered into Part XII and you must have a certificate of revalidation that is current. Art 31.

Your ATR IR will not have any validity in respect of the IMC rating.

TurboJ
13th Nov 2007, 18:06
The ATR rating is a multi pilot rating - the IMC rating is single pilot - so the answer is that the IMC rating has to be renewed separately

- unless you have grandfather rights from an 'old' UK CPL/ATPL -

whitehorse
13th Nov 2007, 19:44
OR

As you hold a valid IR all you have to do is take a validation check for SEP/yearly with an examiner, just like you do in your company for the type related IR. Then you can fly IFR outside of the UK. Thats what I do and find the yearly revalidation very usefull.:ok: