PDA

View Full Version : Old Pilot mags

unconcerned
13th Nov 2007, 11:01
I've been having a big clear out and I've got a large load of Pilot mags from the 1970s and 80s looking for a good home. They contain some fabulous articles but I think I know them all by heart - and I need the space.

I don't want anything for them but I do need to get them moved ASAP - so they will need to be picked up in the near future. I live on the south coast near Worthing and I could probably get them dropped off at Shoreham Airport if that helps.

I'll leave this up for 24 hours and then draw a name from the hat if there is more than one interested party (if there's anyone at all!).

Cheers!

treadigraph
13th Nov 2007, 12:10
Unconcerned, I'll have 'em if no one else wants them - I love old copies of Pilot!

I can probably arrange for a friend who lives in West Worthing to pick 'em up (I hope!).

Cheers

Treadders

Cusco
13th Nov 2007, 13:24
If no one wants them, take a few copies to each of your local GP and Dental surgery waiting rooms and to the 'Fathers' Waiting room of your local maternity hospital.
Might introduce a few budding pilots.
Safe flying
Cusco:rolleyes:

sternone
13th Nov 2007, 17:28
Please if anybody has old magazine's i could let UPS pickup i would be very thankfull!!!!

BRL
13th Nov 2007, 20:56
Unconcerned, I'll have 'em if no one else wants them - I love old copies of Pilot!

I can probably arrange for a friend who lives in West Worthing to pick 'em up (I hope!).

Cheers

Treadders

Treadders, I can get them for you if your mate can't do it, let me know if you need a hand.

Kiltie
14th Nov 2007, 08:05
I'm willing to pay you to box them up and I will send someone to collect. My collection starts at 1985 so would welcome the older ones.

unconcerned
14th Nov 2007, 12:35
Nice to see the mags will find a new home :)

I did as promised and the first name out of the hat was treadigraph's. Maybe, if it suits you treaders, when you've finished with them you could pass the pre 85 ones on to Kiltie and the rest to sternone? I passed my GFT in April 1970 and started subscribing soon after, so there's a pretty decent bunch of them.

West Worthing is only about 3 miles from here so I could drop them off - or I could meet BRL half way (I met him at a few bashes back in the days when I posted under a different name). Drop me a PM and we can take it from there :ok:

'Chuffer' Dandridge
14th Nov 2007, 12:40
A few years ago, I had the sad task of dumping 30 yrs worth of 'Pilot' magazines in a skip. Nobody wanted them........!

(Mind you, not surprising considering the editorial content these days:{)

treadigraph
15th Nov 2007, 07:51
Many thanks Unconcerned, an excellent idea, I will be delighted to pass them on to both Kiltie and Sternone as suggested.

BRL, cheers, I'll check with my mate tomorrow and drop you a PM if he can't do it.

Thanks both!

Cheers

Treadders