PDA

View Full Version : Parking & Hangerage charges

rateone
10th Nov 2007, 15:24
What kind of charges for parking and/or hangerage are folks paying at the moment? I'm particularly interested in the charge rates at the larger fields. I'm interested to see if our charges are in line with those being paid elsewhere.

Thanks

sternone
10th Nov 2007, 16:31
I informed at EBAW it was 250.- euros a month ex VAT.. (around 175 quid)

it's an international airport i guess that makes sense

Flyin'Dutch'
10th Nov 2007, 17:31
What kind of charges for parking and/or hangerage are folks paying at the moment? I'm particularly interested in the charge rates at the larger fields. I'm interested to see if our charges are in line with those being paid elsewhere.

Thanks

Price comparisons are only of very limited value.

Most folks are fairly closely married to the place they have easy access too and moving just on account of costs is hardly a viable option.

I believe Oxford is about £110 per month parking on the grass and a few years back hangarage for a Robin DR400 was £250 + VAT at Sywell.

But neither is any good if you want to fly in Scotland.

flybymike
10th Nov 2007, 18:08
Hangarage and parking for a large SEP at Leeds Bradford £550.00 per month inc VAT and ( compulsory) handling :eek:

Sam Rutherford
10th Nov 2007, 22:00
Hangar, Eur2600 (inc vat) per year (up to 2000kg or so)
Landings Eur 1500 for unlimited one year, or Eur9 per landing (light).

Perhaps helpful (figures as of yesterday!).

Sam.

rateone
12th Nov 2007, 14:16
Thanks for all the responses. I'm interested in a comparison to see of the obscene rise in parking fee that we appear to be facing is justified in comparison to other fields. GA being forced out through the back door?

sternone
12th Nov 2007, 14:49
It would be very usefull to see you post your prices, thanks

englishal
12th Nov 2007, 15:18
We pay £2000 per year for hangar at an unlicenced field with 700m hard runway. We sublet half the hangar so it costs us £1000 pa. No landing fees for resident aeroplanes and we can come and go out of hours if we want.

I believe some places like Airtime at Bournemouth let you park at their place for free (all year), as long as they do the maintenance on your aeroplane. Not a bad deal really....

scooter boy
12th Nov 2007, 15:32
I have to say I find the £25 per night parking fee charged at Staverton a bit OTT for a small airport.
This is in addition to the £20 landing fee for my Mooney.
Really makes me think twice about not driving.

SB

matspart3
12th Nov 2007, 17:34
Scooter

The Gloucester parking price for a Mooney should be £15 inc VAT per 24 hrs. First four hours is free and 'same day' departures are £7 inc VAT. Landing fee goes down to £13.50 if you buy fuel too.

Full details here: -
http://www.gloucestershireairport.co.uk/ScaleOfCharges.php

If you were overcharged, PM me, I'll correct it.

Hangarage is length x spam (m) x £3.55 pcm

scooter boy
12th Nov 2007, 18:06
Thanks Matspart,
£15 is far more reasonable, for some reason I was being billed £25
Thanks for info,
SB

xrayalpha
12th Nov 2007, 18:27
Hi Rateone,

Fees at Strathaven, grass trip in Scotland south of Glasgow and east of Prestwick, are:

£200 a year for use of airfield, plus £85 a month for weightshift microlights hangered, and £110 a month for 3-axis microlights.

£85 a month for wings-folded Kitfox hangered and same for outside parking.

New hanger, which will be costing around £150,000 to £200,000 to build, will see charges of about £100 a month for weighshift microlights and £125 - £150 a month for three-axis microlights or light aircraft.

Maths are that the hanger will have to bring in about £35,000 a year to make it worth building - possibly more if we (or rather the bank!) have to be persuaded it is worthwhile building two more.

Fees at other Scottish airfields vary enormously - but if you want to look at just how much a hobby/interest costs, look at the price for a pitch alone for a static caravan or the mooring fees at Kip marina!

Both are thriving business sectors, in my view because the charges mean a promising return on investment and therefore have and are encouraging more investment.

In aviation, facilities are gradually getting worse and worse due to underinvestment and cost-cutting.

But you can still fly affordably - see the http://www.microlightscotland.com/microlight_ownership.shtml for our weighshift microlight charges. Our C42 Ikarus prices are the same per month and hour but £4,000 for a tenth share.

Very best wishes, and happy flying

XA

rateone
13th Nov 2007, 12:10
Like to post prices but probably not the best time at the moment. Delicate discussions and all that.

xrayalpha
13th Nov 2007, 15:52
Oh come on Rate One.

If you are at EDI I understand it is about 4k a year just to park.

If at Cumbernauld, the charges are in the tower. It used to be about 300-odd quid a month plus landing fees.

Don't know about GLA or PIK, but Perth also have publicly posted charges.

As do microlight fields like Thornhill and East Fortune.

That leaves Dundee, Glenrothes or Kirknewton - or further north to Inverness Wick and Aberdeen.

The more help you give, the more help you are.

Kiltie
14th Nov 2007, 08:00
Inverness about £1875 + VAT for unlimited landings pa, or pay on the day £12.77 + VAT per VFR day landing.

Hangarage about £1500pa if you reach the top of the waiting list.