PDA

View Full Version : Uk Ppl(a) Skill Test Syllabus

99loki99
9th Nov 2007, 20:57
Hi,

I've been looking for the format that my (hopefully imminent) skills test is going to take. I've tried LASORS but they only talk about gyroplanes and balloons.

Does anyone know what I'm letting myself in for so I can prepare?

THx.

Loki.

orionsbelt
9th Nov 2007, 21:43
go to caa web site, Standards Document 19 (A)

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG_FCL_19_A.PDF

http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=1206

Cheers ***

cool_pilot
9th Nov 2007, 23:31
hello 99,

You would probably have somethin like a dep.,visual nav,diversion,G.H. including basic instrument flyin + return back to base for some circuits or sometimes they tend to do the ciruits at the end of diversion leg i.e @ the new destination airfield.

Hope that answers your query and let us know how it goes !! good luck !

Cool_pilot:cool:

Whirlygig
9th Nov 2007, 23:52
Your instructor should be able to ask any questions you have and give you a full briefing even.

I can't speak for fixed wing per se but generally, the test comes in two parts; handling, circuits, emergencies and the second part being a nav-ex. There won't be anything you haven't done before.

You must remember all aspects of airmanship; ask your examiner if he's strapped in, all checks should be spoken out loud so he knows you've done them, lookout etc.

Remember, an examiner doesn't want to fail you and your instructor shouldn't put you forward unless you are ready. Do what you've been taught and you'll be fine.

Cheers

Whirls

99loki99
11th Nov 2007, 07:46
Guys,

This is just what I'm looking for. The CAA document was EXACTLY what I was after...

My FTO have generally been really good, but I'm a lot happier/more confident knowing what the exact criteria for the test are so's I can prepare...

"Fail to prepare - prepare to fail"

I'll post here later in the month to update on the outcome...

ATB.

Loki.

99loki99
11th Dec 2007, 18:41
Hi,

Thanks to some unsavoury weather, my attempts at taking the JAR skills test were foiled in late November. However, I took the test yesterday and passed so good for me!

Again, thanks for your input on the syllabus...

Loki.

Lunchmaster
11th Dec 2007, 22:17
In that case let me be the first to congratulate you on the pass. It's a great achievement. Many happy landings to come.

Lunchmaster

FullyFlapped
12th Dec 2007, 09:02
Yep, well done that man (or woman - who knows on here ? ;))

If fact, forget the above : just let me say well done that PILOT ... :D:D

FF :ok: