PDA

View Full Version : Have you got a new tacky Licence, made with a John Bull Kiddies Printing Kit?

Thrush
15th May 2001, 14:48
Just got my licence back from the CAA following a change to it. What a surprise! The new one was in a cheap-looking plastic binder, and the new style insert pages look as if they have been produced by a seven year old child with a John Bull printing kit. Disgraceful, considering the charges involved.

When I asked for my nice green, gold-embossed book to be returned I was told it had been destroyed and that the plastic one was a "suitable binder" for an ATPL. Disgusting service, I think, as the binder was mine, not theirs. The arrogance of these people never ceases to amaze me.

I'm considering serving a summons on them, after all, the green book effectively cost £60,000!

INKJET
15th May 2001, 15:25
I agree, but they sent me my old(plastic) one back,I still find it odd that they don`t include a photo ID

Edited for typo

[This message has been edited by INKJET (edited 15 May 2001).]

Invalid Delete
15th May 2001, 16:43
Thrush, sorry but you sound just like my 90 year old grandad.

The only person who ever sees my green book is in the sim I don't feel the need to impress him with gold embossed text.

Personally I think that a credit card would be better. Especially if you could use it in the cash points too. :)