PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Consumer Magazine

sternone
9th Nov 2007, 13:34
Because of some comments of people on this forum i bought a subscription of Aviation Consumer Magazine, yesterday i received my first copy in the mail.

WAUW!! Is there really some independend, non swallowing advertisers magazine for us GA pilots out there ? Actually a magazine that is honest and say the things with great expertise and knowledge ?

Yes there is!! IT IS AMAZING!! Even if the price would be doubled i would love this magazine each month!!

If they don't change the way they write they will have my subscription for long time!!

Just wanted to let you guys know :D:D:D:D

Major Major
9th Nov 2007, 14:42
Do you find it a problem that it's American - irrelevant adverts and stuff?

Whilst the aircraft should fly the same in American air as they do British air I'm unlikely to order anything that needs to be shipped from the US...though I may change that...

sternone
9th Nov 2007, 14:49
Do you find it a problem that it's American - irrelevant adverts and stuff?

That's the thing, there is no single advertisment in the complete magazine!!! truely amazing!!

soay
9th Nov 2007, 15:34
I don't subscribe, but I have purchased a couple of their reviews, which you can get from here (http://www.aviationconsumer.com/issues/aircraftreview/xref.html?inputLetter=A), at $12.50 a pop.

mm_flynn
9th Nov 2007, 15:55
The biggest problem with it is the envy it generates about equipment and services they have in the US that we don't :(:{. I subscribe online and have for years.

tangovictor
9th Nov 2007, 17:36
i agree with mm, zero interest in american aviation, like it or not, we are europeans now !

sternone
9th Nov 2007, 18:43
i agree with mm, zero interest in american aviation, like it or not, we are europeans now !

That is true, but is there a non-advertisement slave GA magazine in Europe ?

IanSeager
9th Nov 2007, 18:46
That is true, but is there a non-advertisement slave GA magazine in Europe ?

Believe it or not there are quite a few.

Ian

sternone
9th Nov 2007, 18:51
Believe it or not there are quite a few.

Please please tell me:p

IanSeager
9th Nov 2007, 20:51
I don't think it would be appropriate for me to start naming them here, perhaps you could PM me with your specific concerns.

BTW Aviation Consumer is published by a media group with other aviation products that take advertising, and they continue to do a fine job.

Ian

Flyin'Dutch'
10th Nov 2007, 01:52
Aviation Consumer, whilst published in the US, is a very worthwhile read for anyone with an interest in GA.

They basically do reviews of aeroplanes, products and services and as such you get a lot of information which is otherwise hard to come by. They are, as previously noted advert free and are quite happy to give a realistic (ie at times negative) view on the stuff they review.

The paper sub comes with an online log in which is a great reference.

Due to the large numbers of subscribers the feedback given on aeroplane reviews by owners that section of the aeroplane reviews gives a real insight in operating issues and costs.

windy1
10th Nov 2007, 13:42
I have taken the US "Flying" for many years and it too has very few ads, and the price is very reasonable inc. intl shipping. The economics of publishing special interest mags in USA must be very different to elsewhere.

IO540
10th Nov 2007, 14:07
The U.S. Flying mag is very good - I get that plus the U.S. AOPA mag.

Yesterday I thumbed through all the UK mags at a big newsagent and none of them had a single thing worth reading. A lot of vintage interest stuff, sadly.