PDA

View Full Version : Question to UK FI's

critical winge
7th Nov 2007, 09:28
Quick question to you light aircraft instructors please. I have a JAA ATPL, early 40's and am current on heavys "only" in a well known Arab airline. As it has been a while since I flew a light aircraft, what would you consider I would have to do to get checked out on one of your aircraft. 2 or 3 hours and what profiles would I have to fly, PFL, circuits, stalling, navigation (as long as there is a VOR in the area :E)?

Thanks for your reply in advance.

The Wicker Man
7th Nov 2007, 09:41
If its run out, renew your SEP rating at worse a proficiency check with an examiner. You may want a couple of refresher lessons first, a bit of stalling circuits ect.
Other than that go and have fun.:E

Callsign Kilo
7th Nov 2007, 10:18
May certainly be worth investing in one or two hours with an instructor in order to get the feel for an SEP aircraft again. I'm sure it's been a while since you considered PFL's, glide approaches etc. You may also have an urge to flare a little bit earlier during landing due to your experience in heavy jet aircraft...then again maybe not.

As already said, It is probable that your SEP rating validity has expired, so this will have to be revailidated and can be done as part as a 'check out.' However one or two hours just to get comfortable again may be a good thing. Pop down to your local flying club and see who can help you out.

Happy flying

Whopity
11th Nov 2007, 15:38
renew your SEP rating at worse a proficiency check with an examinerRenew means Expired! Therefore Skill Test required to Renew.

Revalidate means you are current and can Revalidate by Proficency check.

Whilst the content may be the same, you can never Renew by Proficiency Check!

Wt and Balance, departure, steep turns, UP recovery, stalls: clean and approach config, PFL, 3 circuits EFATO and Nav at the Examiners discretion. All listed in the examiners record: http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/FORSRG1157.pdf