PDA

View Full Version : Single Sided Headset Review for B737NG

Nevrekar
6th Nov 2007, 11:20
Does anyone have any user reviews of S/S headsets that be used on commerical jet aircraft like the B737. I am interested in primarily the following.

Lightspeed Mach1 (not TSO'd though)

Plantronics MS30-2

Clarity Aloft Pro

Any other's out there?

Thanks

Rainboe
6th Nov 2007, 11:44
Do your planes have two plug sockets for headsets? I use a personal Telex 850 ANR headset which comes with 2 plugs. I like the ANR facility, but it is an expensive option. Even one ear off, it's of benefit, but it is not essential. It does not require separate battery pack, and I keep it in my briefcase. Sennheiser do an HME25 headset which is equivalent. The big one is the BOSE, but that is very expensive. All reviewed here if you search back far enough.

Nevrekar
6th Nov 2007, 13:52
2 plug socket. I am hoping to find a nice (prefer TSO'd) S/S headset without a headband to avoid those headset head days! So far I have read about the Lightspeed Mac 1 (around $400) and the Plantronics MS-30-2 ($150). I bought the MS-200 a while back b/c the ear insert was too uncomfortable.

Capt Claret
6th Nov 2007, 20:34
Nevrekar
I use the Plantronics MS-250 in a B717. It's lightweight, comfortable, the audio quality of the mic is, I'm told, excellent, and it's only got the one ear piece, which sits on top of the ear, rather than in it. No head-set headaches at all. It doesn't attenuate airflow noise.