PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Tail Strikes?

Seat62K
4th Nov 2007, 16:41
Just wondered if Ryanair has been experiencing some tail strikes recently. What got me thinking was that last night returning to STN from VLC (as a passenger) I noticed the cabin crew seemed very keen that pax did not use the last few rows, despite the fact that the flight seemed fairly full. I've only experienced this in the past with loads, typically, of around 50 pax. Perhaps it's just a case of over-eager cabin crew....

MMENCLLBAMAN
4th Nov 2007, 16:50
As far as I am aware they do this either at the front or back depending on luggage loading for the trim of the aircraft.
This is was FR cabin crew have told me before

AltFlaps
4th Nov 2007, 17:04
Firstly, the cabin crew have NO idea what the trim state of the aircraft is ...

Secondly, the reason they wanted the last row clear is so they can have a conversation in peace !!

eagle21
4th Nov 2007, 17:29
Firstly, the cabin crew have NO idea what the trim state of the aircraft is ...
Wrong!
In Ryanair depending on the pax load they do block some rows at the front and/or rear of the a/c . This changes depending on the pax loads and they are sets rule in Ryanair cabin crew manual.
So indeed cabin crew are very aware of what the trim of the a/c is this is also because they always doble check with flight crew.
Ryanair cabin crew tend not worry to much whether pax can hear their conversations

BALLSOUT
4th Nov 2007, 23:04
It is standard practice to block off the first and last six rows when the pax figures are below a certain number. This is for aircraft trim.
(weight & balance)
No, they do not have a tail strike problem.

Rainboe
5th Nov 2007, 15:21
No he's not!
True idiocy deserves whatever comes to it. This thread is just that. Why grumble about people wasting bandwidth when foolishness like this is left in? What are Moderators for? But when you start attaching the name of a company to damaging allegations like that, you deserve whatever is coming to you- the poster and the board publishing it. If it was something important, OK, but idiocy like this not only demeans the name of the company, but it demeans the status of the bulletin board itself. The enthusiastic takeover of the Pprune website by non-pilots has meant most of my pilot colleagues roll their eyes and laugh about Pprune, and say 'I wouldn't go in there for anything!'. Sad really- the idiots have taken over.

chris647
6th Nov 2007, 16:04
Dear all

A tail strike has nothing to do with where pax sit if a pax load of less than 132 then the last 4 rows and first six are blocked off for takeoff and landing.

chris647
6th Nov 2007, 16:22
just to add,
this is standard practice (has set out in our S E P) to block off rows ,if there is less than 177 we will block off rows 3 and 4. ryanair do not have a problem with tailstrikes! this is for the weight and balance on takeoff and landing trust me we are aware of weight / balance and trim !:)

Ivor_Novello
7th Nov 2007, 22:59
And I thought that, trim aside, if the flight isn't fully booked, they would block as many rows (as far as trim allows) so that reduces the number of seats to clean/check during turnround ! :)