PDA

View Full Version : Light Aircraft Lease

Prophead
4th Nov 2007, 13:37
Hi

Does anyone know of any companies/individuals that would lease a light aircraft (not C150/152)for a period of say 6 months to a year for hour building.

I have been looking at no equity shares which seem to be more or less the same thing but involve lots of people leasing the same aircraft at the same time.

Due to my work schedule i find it hard to book anything in advance and would like to be able to just 'go flying' when i have the chance.

At the moment i am just comparing costs and options but would be interested to hear of anything like this.

Regards

A and C
4th Nov 2007, 17:04
No one will lease you an aircraft for six months without a reasonable return. most clubs want to see about three hours a day put on aircraft to make it pay.

I could lease you an aircraft over one or two weeks but would require 20 hours a week to make the deal pay.

This can work very well for hours builders as 20 hours a week is not imposable and it can bring the cost down to IRO £60-62/hour for a C152 and £ 90/hour for a PA28-180. with no monthly subscription and no equity to fine most hour builders find that this is a good deal.

It is about the same as you would pay in the USA by the time that you have factored in all the costs of airline tickets and hotels etc.

Contacttower
5th Nov 2007, 15:18
Does anyone ever lease at a set cost for a certain period....ie the more you fly the cheaper it is?

A and C
5th Nov 2007, 15:54
The only way to get the cost down is to keep the aircraft in the air as much as you can after all in you do one hour a day the fixed costs amount to 1 landing @ £10 and one nights parking @ £12 giving a total of £22 to add to the hourly rate.

If you fly the aircraft for three hours a day the fixed cost is the same but the cost added to the hourly rate is £7.33p.

Also if you fly for three hours it will give you the chance to get the mixture set to optimum for a greater proprtion of the flight, optimum setting saves about 20% on the fuel flow over rich mixture.

Economic hours building requires high use of the aircraft over a short time span, that is why I can provide aircraft in the UK at prices that match the USA dispite the extra tax burden in Europe.