PDA

View Full Version : Flying into East Kirkby

Fake Sealion
1st Nov 2007, 16:37
Did a post search on East Kirkby and found a recent one with negative comments about land owners attitude to flying into East Kirkby.:=

Would like to fly in here - website has some info, but would be interested in some first hand experience from pilots who have recently visited this strip.

Ta

FS

md 600 driver
1st Nov 2007, 16:41
fake

is that east kirby with the lanc if so i flew in there and traded a flight in the heli for a ride in the taxying lanc

it was greeeat

Russell Gulch
1st Nov 2007, 17:50
I've flown in there several times, always with a great welcome from the owners.

Where were the "negative comments" posted?

Weekend Flyer
2nd Nov 2007, 08:05
I flew in for the Roy Chadwick 60th Anniversary Memorial Event at the end of August. No problems at all - friendly, helpful and well worth the visit.

Their website will give you enough information to plan your trip but don't forget that PPR is essential prior to any visit.

Link: http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/flying_into_east_kirkby.cfm

muffin
2nd Nov 2007, 09:37
No problem at all going in there. Phone the museum first and they will send somebody over to pick you up when you land. There is a landing fee (£25 last time I went) but this is collected by the museum and paid to the farmer who owns the strip. Do not land on the old runway extension (the big wide bit) as that is used for motorbike stunt training. The landing strip is the peritrack that runs parallel to it on the North side. Plenty wide enough and a nice flat bit of concrete.

Russell Gulch
2nd Nov 2007, 12:15
Sorry, Muffin, you are out of date. There is a new, large landing site immediately adjacent to the museum (and chicken sheds). Check out their website.

muffin
2nd Nov 2007, 15:49
So I see! Thanks for the update. It is a while since I have been there, and last time I was in a helicopter so landed on the big concrete square.

poor southerner
2nd Nov 2007, 18:17
slightly o/t but:

While were at East Kirby. Can anyone confirm / debunk that I have always been told that due to the quality of the work done and the authentitisy (sp) of the airframe. Just Jane could technilcally be made airworthy very easily ?

Cricket23
2nd Nov 2007, 22:38
poor southerner. I was up there earlier this year and had a brief chat with them. They said that it could happen, but would need lots of money to do so. Can't remember the figure, but I thought that it was 2-3mill.

C23

The Flying Pram
2nd Nov 2007, 22:48
£2-3 million? That would be loose change to the Lottery fund. Don't suppose it will happen though.