PDA

View Full Version : next FI seminar?

Matron
1st Nov 2007, 10:34
Hello,

I need to find an FI seminar. I am aware of course dates on 4/5th Dec and in mid-Feb but does anyone know of any in between?

Thanks,

M

bluenose81huskys
1st Nov 2007, 21:56
Hi Matron, take a look at this link :

http://www.ontrackaviation.com/fi-seminars.htm

RVR800
7th Nov 2007, 07:45
They leave long gaps so more go; means more fees (for them); you can pay for an extension if you pay fees to CAA (Admin fee)

A Very Civil Pilot
8th Nov 2007, 08:12
They leave long gaps so more go; means more fees (for them);

Of all the seminars I've attended, they've said the breakeven point (at about £250 per person) is about 20 attendees. There are only a finite number of people needing to attend a seminar, so it's not cost effective to run them every month with only a few people turning up.

I think On track and Aopa run 3 a year each, so thats 18 opportunities over the validity of the rating to get signed off. remember you can attend a seminar at any time during the validity of the rating to meet the requirements for revalidation next time round

provo
13th Nov 2007, 08:01
RVR800

You mention paying fees for an extension. Is this an extension to the validity period of the FI rating?

Does anyone know if the rating is valid until the end of the month in which it is due to expire or does it expire on the date specified on ones certificate.

Thanks

A Very Civil Pilot
13th Nov 2007, 08:21
The rating is valid to the date specified on your ratings page. If it is valid to the end of the month, rather than the anniversary of the test, that will be reflected on the expiry date written down

JAR–FCL 1.315Instructor ratings and
authorisations – Period of
validity

(a) All instructor ratings and
authorisations are valid for a period of 3 years.

(b) The validity period for a specific
authorisation shall not exceed 3 years.

RVR800
13th Nov 2007, 12:00
It used to be to the end of the month - I believe that went west with JAR

You can get an extension ring the CAA

provo
13th Nov 2007, 13:16
RVR800
Thanks for the prompt response. I spoke with the CAA this morning and they confirmed that the end of the month does not apply and secondly no extensions available.
Despite explaining the difficulties in getting a refresher seminar/examiner/weather to coincide with the day job roster I was told that if it lapses then a flight test and seminar are the only options.
Anyway if it lapses then I'll get along to a seminar next April.
Thanks for the info.