PDA

View Full Version : Career Advice...please help!

+TSRA
31st Oct 2007, 23:22
Hi All,

Long time reader, first time threader....

Bit of advise needed...and quick!

Ive been offered a job in the NWT doing ramp work for the winter, but want to know with 500hrs, a ME-IFR and IATRA if I hold off for another position down here, would I be likely to get a twin job in Ontario? or is it better to wait and see for something down here 'cause Ive got a cushy desk job right now that pays more and is inside, but no where near an airport!

wadefac
1st Nov 2007, 21:51
Probally would.........BUT u will never regret your time in the NWT :oh:

highalti2d
24th Nov 2007, 17:14
You're a Canadian!!! You love the cold weather, long johns and dark beer!!!! By definition.
The first poster is right, if you wait it out, sure maybe you'll find something, but you will not ever regret going to fly in the north. I was 2 years in Alaska and still think about how much fun it was. In this regard, aviation IS about the journey, and not the destination. That encompasses your career prospects as well!
Good luck:ok:

+TSRA
25th Nov 2007, 03:08
Yeah...a Canadian who lived for way too long in the south pacific!!!!!!! lol

Unfortunatly for me I passed up the opportunity to work on the ramp in the NWTfiguring I would find something having gotten some advice from others, but thanks for the help! Still havent found anything else, but Im sure there is always a dispatch job sitting around somewhere :)

I do have a friend who works for a company outta Yellowknife and he has always said the same thing; that you would never regret your time up there, so maybe....