PDA

View Full Version : IRE

deza
25th Oct 2007, 14:10
HI
could anyone tel me what exp you need to have an IRE rating.

deza

tescoapp
25th Oct 2007, 14:35
Be able to name the malt when 7 different glasses are placed in front of you.

And everything which is in this document

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/Section%20I.pdf

And a huge wallet. It costs a fortune to get and maintain. I am actually suprised that many freelance examiners can be bothered to get it and maintain it. I suspect many make little if any money from having it.

Its not quite as easy as it appears in LASORS. There is more information in the examiners hand book.

IRRenewal
25th Oct 2007, 17:04
In the UK, only CAA staff examiners can be IREs (examiners who can do the skill test for the initial issue of an IR), at least at the moment. There is a rumour going round this might change under EASA.

Us mere mortals can become CRE.IRR, Class Rating Examiner with IR Revalidation privileges. Was straight forward enough to get a few years ago (at a cost then of between 5 and 6 K and a three yearly renewal/revalidation cost of 1.5 to 2K), but with the above rumour in mind it would appear the CAA are not as keen to authorise people as they once were.

HTH

Gerard (CRE.IRR)

Curtis E Carr
25th Oct 2007, 19:33
could anyone tel me what exp you need to have an IRE rating.

It ain't a rating.

Curtis "Pedantic" E Carr

Islander2
25th Oct 2007, 21:22
It ain't a rating.

Curtis "Pedantic" E CarrLASORS2007:

Ratings
IRE(A) .... Page No I/4

IRRenewal
25th Oct 2007, 21:32
Title of section I of LASORS:

EXAMINER AUTHORISATIONS

If you change your UK JAR licence to another country, you keep your ratings but not your authorisations.

Curtis E Carr
26th Oct 2007, 19:25
LASORS2007:

Quote:
Ratings
IRE(A) .... Page No I/4

Where is this in LASORS? Are you implying that it is, in fact, a rating?

Islander2
26th Oct 2007, 20:27
Where is this in LASORS? Are you implying that it is, in fact, a rating?I was only pointing out how the CAA classify Examiner Authorisations in LASORS. It could be they do that for convenience rather than accuracy!

My reference was to the LASORS 2007 nine-page Index by Subject, where IRE(A)/IRE(H) (as well as CRE(A) and SFE(A)/SFE(H)) are listed under the heading of 'Ratings'.

Also, on the outside back cover, in describing the information it contains on the licensing requirements which need to be fulfilled to obtain and maintain each flight crew licence or rating, it lists 'Examiner Authorisations' under the heading of 'Ratings'.

But don't shoot the messenger!

Curtis E Carr
27th Oct 2007, 08:04
Just to be clear then, do you think it is a rating or an authorisation?

Linda Mollison
27th Oct 2007, 12:55
The requirements for a CRE/IRR course are

Entry requirements (include)

Hold at least a CPL with the appropriate SE/ME SPA IR
A current UK/JAR-FCL unrestricted Flight Instructor Rating or Class Rating Instructor Rating valid for the Type/Class for which authorisation is sought
500 hours as pilot of aeroplanes

30 hrs instruction on the Type/Class required, not less than 10 hrs P-I-C in the previous 12 months

This is taken from the website of a company who provide flight examiner training courses at Bournemouth.

Linda Mollison

BillieBob
27th Oct 2007, 23:59
It is an examiner authorisation, as is made clear in JAR-FCL. Don't rely on LASORS, it is the single most inaccurate publication produced by the CAA - and that's saying something!