PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 150

skygold
25th Oct 2007, 13:57
Hi all

Does anybody know a flying school on the area of Manchester or in the North that has a Cessna 150? I need to revalidate my SA PPL and i am only rated on this aircraft.

Thank you :p

Retired Redcap
25th Oct 2007, 14:25
Hi,
LAC Flying School at Barton has some C150s.

modelman
25th Oct 2007, 20:52
You should be 'rated' for any SEP,you only have experience of the venerable 150.Why don't you use the revalidation time to get some exp on another brand-after all you will have an instructor/examiner alongside you.
Having done all my training on Cessnas,I now have some Piper exp (and a little bit of Chipmunk/Tiger Moth) and trying other makes brings even more enjoyment to my flying.
MM

IanSeager
27th Oct 2007, 18:15
I need to revalidate my SA PPL

A South African PPL is type specific. An SA instructor can sign off other types.

Ian

Final 3 Greens
27th Oct 2007, 18:17
Skygold

Please accept my apologies for people who do not read posts properly and offer unhelpful 'advice.'

Genghis the Engineer
29th Oct 2007, 13:45
SA instructors are thin on the ground. However, if you can handle a bit of travelling, you might speak to Irv Lee (I don't think it's breaking any confidences by saying that he posts on here as Irv) who is SA qualified, operates at Popham and has access to a couple of C150s. www.higherplane.flyer.co.uk should find him.

G

Brooklands
29th Oct 2007, 14:17
You can also find Irv Lee on the Flyer Forums (http://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=1). He seems to pop there more often that he does here.

Brooklands