PDA

View Full Version : CAP1 Worker module

Xmod
24th Oct 2007, 16:17
Help please.
The following message appears every time I switch on my XP

"CAP1 Worker module has encountered a problem work in progress may not be saved".
Any solutions as no idea what it is to do with
and

I cannot attach a picture to Outlook Express as it says "your Outlook Express is not configured correctly. reconfigure".
This happens after highlighting a picture and right clicking to Send to - mail recipient.

Grateful thanks for a simple fix please!http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/infopop/icons/icon7.gif

Saab Dastard
24th Oct 2007, 17:11
Sounds like a file corruption, driver problem or virus problem.

Try going back to a previous restore point before the problems occurred.

Installed anything around the time the problem started?

SD

BRL
24th Oct 2007, 17:47
Do you have a Sony Ericsson phone on your pc?

Xmod
25th Oct 2007, 15:04
yes I do but unable to syncronise with PC. No problem with old phone using same Active sync. Think this happenned about same time I made first attempt with phone too. You seem on the case so what is solution?:confused:

BRL
25th Oct 2007, 19:00
Hi There. Take off your pc anything to do with your phone, any Sony software get rid of completely off your computer. Then go to the Sony Ericsson website and download the newest version of the software for your phone. Download it and get it running then come back and tell us if that has worked.. :)

Xmod
26th Oct 2007, 07:16
You are a star! Removed as suggested and problem of CAP1 solved. Any suggestion re the Outlook Express problem in really simple terms?

BRL
26th Oct 2007, 08:07
Hi I am glad it worked. :)

As for the OE problem I would do similar. Uninstal OE and go and download the latest version from the Microsoft site. When you uninstal it might give you a 'Repair' option, try that first.

Let us know how you get on. :)

Xmod
13th Nov 2007, 16:09
Just got around to sorting OE problem. Before trying your suggestion I eventually fixed it by Address Book-Tools-Accounts-Internet accounts-Properties-General tag and unticked bottom square. This sorted it!!!! As it had NULL in Server name and account it seemed logical to untick.
Have trouble with phone sinc still but not using as it seems to mess up even after reloading. Not an immediate problem as error message no longer there. Thanks again.http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif