PDA

View Full Version : Bucker Jungman

stiknruda
23rd Oct 2007, 16:41
What a delightful aeroplane! I've just had 30 mins in one and am still grinning, had it been any colder the grin might have been rictus!

The Stampe is far superior to the Tiger, the Jungman is streets ahead of the Stampe!!

micromalc
23rd Oct 2007, 17:50
I'd be interested to know why exactly you think the jungmann is better than the stampe.
I've flown a stampe "great" but never had the pleasure of a jungmann

'Chuffer' Dandridge
23rd Oct 2007, 18:13
I'll tell you why.....

'cos the Jungmann rolls faster,and has a decent rudder. It flicks wonderfully and the controls are fantastic.

Don't get me wrong, I LUUUURRVE the Stampe with a passion, and have spent many years turning them upside down but for aeros, the Jungmann just has the edge..

BUT, the undercarriage on the Jungmann is comparatively weaker than the Stampe, and so is the tailwheel. On the Tigre engined versions, it is difficult to get a true 3 pointer due to a forward C of G, but with practice its no problem. And the original wobble pump is a piece of turd, but most sensible owners fit Christen pumps..

But I'm torn between the Stampe and the Jungmann.... You can keep the Tiger - it's a pile of poo compared to both of them

Arclite01
24th Oct 2007, 00:34
How much do they cost then ??

Arc

micromalc
24th Oct 2007, 07:23
Thanks....the jungmann does sound interesting...now all I have to do is find someone brave enough to let me have a go .

Small Rodent Driver
24th Oct 2007, 17:58
How much do they cost then ??

Arc

They appear to go for anything between £38K and about £70K.

I have looked at a few and have not as yet found "the right one". In fact I am beginning to doubt that a right one exists.

A lovely aeroplane indeed.

18greens
24th Oct 2007, 19:50
Theres a share for sale in one at WW. £10,000 a bargain.

Much cheaper than a whole one.