PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted - cost of using private farm strip

WindFarmer
23rd Oct 2007, 12:15
Hi

A local farmer has a private strip where he will let me base my own aircraft. Neither of us have any idea how much I should pay for this.

My plane will be parked outside and I will be able to buy fuel from him. I expect to use the strip once a week. The strip is in good condition. There are no other aircraft apart from the farmer's.

Any guidelines, thoughts or examples of what to pay when would be much appreciated.

Thanks

muffin
23rd Oct 2007, 17:27
We pay £100 per month for hangarage and use of a 600M rough concrete strip in a rural location with no other facilities whatsoever. If you are going to park outside and also buy fuel at maybe a small profit to him, I would think £75 per month would be a good start point. Cash of course to a farmer!

micromalc
23rd Oct 2007, 17:32
sounds to me that you've found a gerat place to fly from.
Farmers ALWAYS look for a profit, but paying a little extra could well be worth it.

micromalc
23rd Oct 2007, 17:35
I mean "great place"

QDMQDMQDM
23rd Oct 2007, 17:36
Parked outside, say £50 a month.

Nipper2
23rd Oct 2007, 18:29
Depends where it is. Darn sarf (especially close to London is usually much more expensive than oop norf.

J.A.F.O.
24th Oct 2007, 02:59
I think that you should pay £25 per month and that I should pay the other £25 and share the aircraft.

Otherwise £50 outside seems fair.

WindFarmer
24th Oct 2007, 07:38
Many thanks to you all for your sound advice.

Sounds like £50 to £75 a month would be a fair price

I shall print out the thread and use it as the basis for further discussions

Once again many thanks

ericferret
24th Oct 2007, 12:10
Once a week equates to 52 a year . I thought a 28 day restriction was applied from a planning point of view.

This depends on who's counting, but anyone entering into an agreement should be aware of this potential pit fall. Especially if you annoy the neighbours.