PDA

View Full Version : Lufthansa pilots - your strike

Stonebird
14th May 2001, 13:32
Will you guys be striking regularly, such as every Thursday or every Friday? Where could I get info on this please.

I support you guys, and hope you get what you are striking for. Viel Glück!

wonderbusdriver
14th May 2001, 20:21

May 17, 24 and 31 are planned (!!) as 24h str*kedays.
This lets travellers make contingency plans - because it´s not against them.

The developments of the next days will show, if more forceful action is necessary...

Plan on a str*ke for May 17 - nobody knows yet, what will happen after that.

VC will definitely turn on the heat, though.

Philipp Lilie
15th May 2001, 13:46
You can get the latest information about
the strike at www.vcockpit.de (http://www.vcockpit.de) or www.lufthansa.com (http://www.lufthansa.com) ! It`s not 100 % sure
yet, but it really looks like another strike
on thursday. 10.6% payrise for the next
4 years is just bullsh.. .

wallabie
15th May 2001, 21:31
I am very surprised watching the german news at how mild the media's coverage is. I know you guys don't think so but let me tell you that the pressure here in France would be forrrrrmidable which is why despite the very volatile mood strikes usually start, they never last very long. So you should be very relaxed about Herr and Frau Müller think.
10,5 % ????????? Es ist doch ein Witz ! It's less than inflation since your " Sanierung " of 1992.
Bear in mind that a United senior skipper will now make 300 000 $. I was talking to a UPS 767 Captain who was travelling with us and 11 years with the airlin makes 225 000 $. UPS isn't know for being the most generous.
I know it is easy to support you when we don't have to take the heat, but you have a tremendous amount of support especially knowing this is the first strike in ..............75 years !!

wonderbusdriver
15th May 2001, 22:28
Problem is now... Ver.Di (largest single union in the world) is stabbing us in the back. What those @ssholes are pulling off in the media is almost unbearable for a lot of people (yeah, that´s the whole point, I know).

They´re trying to make this into some big political thing, ´cause they´re scared sh@tless, that other groups (especially within in the union), that have similar leverage, will become envious and start a "vicious cycle" of bargaining with unheard of demands.

The whole German economy - the whole system of "social-market-economics" - is being questioned by a group of pilots, that just push buttons, rot in the sun and drive Porsches.

We will not let this group ruin our joint efforts of the last 55 years!
We will not let this greedy bunch ruin this country that was built on a sense of duty...
(Ver.Di´s last head negotiator with DLH is now head of personell at LSG-Catering afew weeks later - but that´s just an old tradition anyway)

Ahhhhh, getting just little too carried away again. Sorry.
(Might be Friday this week, too!)

[This message has been edited by wonderbusdriver (edited 15 May 2001).]

wallabie
16th May 2001, 19:23
Wonderbus
I'm sure it occured to you that the other members of Star Alliance will not take this crap very long. Every time you strike, not only do you screw up DLH operations but this also has a big impact on the others. Der gute Herr Weber, der übrigens as beton sein solle !! What part ? might feel the pressure at some stage.
So you guys drive Porsche ?? I'd say, that's style.
One thing your big unions forget to say is that DLH pilots used to do extremely well before 1992. I still have the contract buried in my files somewhere. Now, if Germany is the second or third wealthiest country in the world as all the Kanzlers I've known like to state, I'm sure a few Marks more to the sun bathing pilots won't hurt.
By the way, your sandwiches are state of the art. At least you put mustard on them. I'm hooked and I do storm your aircrafts whenever I'm parked nearby !