PDA

View Full Version : In search of an examiner for revalidation

Capt. Spock
18th Oct 2007, 16:16
Hello,

My SEP class rating is about to expire at the beginning of next month. I'm looking to validate it based on experience. However I live outside of the UK and I'm not aware of any UK based flight examiners. Any contact information of an examiner would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Icer

Chilli Monster
18th Oct 2007, 16:27
Try giving people a clue a) Where you are; and b) where you're prepared to travel to and it narrows the solution down a bit!

Them thar hills
18th Oct 2007, 16:47
Sp
If its by revalidation by experience you don't need a Flight Examiner, but you will have to have done the instructional hour, had it duly signed by said instructor, plus the rest of the required hours.
You'll also need your C of R signed by a person authorised to do just that. ( signed in the last 3 months of the current validity period if you expect the new validity period to be consecutive with the present one )
tth

Ex Oggie
18th Oct 2007, 19:48
You don't need a Flight Examiner, but you do still need a CAA 'R' Examiner. The CAA publish a list of all current Examiners somewhere, do a search of their website, it should have geographical information in there.

Incidentally, all CAA Examiners do so on the back of being approved by a RF or FTO, which may or may not be in the UK.

XO

Capt. Spock
19th Oct 2007, 09:21
Thank you for the help.

I'm sorry I wasn't too clear on this. I have got the 12h of flight time and 1 of dual and am now looking for a UK CAA 'R' Examiner to sign my license. My license has been issued by the UK CAA.

I'm currently located in Serbia, where I will be till my class rating expires. I was hoping to mail my license, medical and a copy of my logbook pages to a UK examiner.

Mark 1
19th Oct 2007, 12:39
I think that you can post your license and log-book evidence to the CAA, who will then revalidate the class rating.
Try giving FCL at the Belgrano a call.

172driver
19th Oct 2007, 15:29
I am in a somewhat similar position. I have more than enough hours this year and no problems doing an hour with an instructor. But what next? I may be thick, but can someone explain
- is there a form to download and fill in /sign ?
- WHO is actually authorized to sign the license ?
- can this be done directly at the Belgrano ?
- what is the timeframe here (my SEP rating expires in December and I intend to do my hour with instructor next week)

And yes, I have read the LASORS and called the CAA, but they unfortunately use the words 'instructor' and 'examiner' in a confusing way.
:confused:

twizzle
19th Oct 2007, 16:57
Ex Oggie
The CAA publish a list of all current Examiners somewhere, do a search of their website, it should have geographical information in there.

Anyone ever found this information??

S-Works
19th Oct 2007, 17:02
PM me. If you send it to me I will sign it and send it back for you.

S-Works
19th Oct 2007, 17:04
There is a form completed by the examiner who revalidates you, it is signed by the applicant, then I sign it and send a copy to the CAA. I sign your license and if you have done the one hour flight with me as well I sign your logbook.

The flight and revalidation can be done at the same time if you have someone like me who can do both parts or it can be done separately with a qualifying flight done elsewhere.

Ex Oggie
19th Oct 2007, 21:29
Anyone ever found this information??
I did, about 6 months ago, but the page now says 'page not found'. Disappeared into the ether of what is the CAA website. :ugh:

XO

Capt. Spock
20th Oct 2007, 00:14
172driver,

I believe this is the form to be signed.

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1119.pdf

172driver
20th Oct 2007, 09:39
Thanks for the input guys, it's slowly becoming clear.....

Bose-X, you have PM.