PDA

View Full Version : Howling Mad Murdoch - awful airmanship

PompeyPaul
18th Oct 2007, 07:38
I was watching the "A-Team" last night and I was horrified to see "howling mad murdoch" take off without performing a full A Check. Unsuprisingly he had to land a few minutes later because he was out of fuel and "somebody has messed with the fuel gauges".

It's an important lesson. Always visually check fuel before take off.

Although it did remind me of another scenario. In "The Day Of The Triffids" if forced to fly to the IOW and surrounded by huge man eating plants what would be worse. Getting airborne without a full A check, or trying to check fuel etc whilst you could see the plants coming onto the airfield ? IOW is only an hour or so away, what would you do in that situtation ?

gcolyer
18th Oct 2007, 07:49
I would turn my TV off and get my imagination under control:rolleyes:

Stretchwell
18th Oct 2007, 08:31
Don't you guys have anything remotely interesting to talk about ?! :rolleyes:

What are you doing wasting your time on pprune.....just like me ?! :hmm:

Never seen the A Team.

carbheathot
18th Oct 2007, 08:35
I watched some Daleks on telly the other day.They are a new variety and they can fly.I wondered if they had a CAA permit, and was there a problem in the London TMA when they all took off together over the Houses of Parliament

Stretchwell
18th Oct 2007, 08:39
Do they need Mode S ?

Stretchwell
18th Oct 2007, 08:48
What about a single-engine alleviation to fly over London ?

Il Duce
18th Oct 2007, 08:58
I thought the A-Team had destroyed the triffids and I got told by my friend that there's no such things as daleks and they are only make believe and if the A-Team haven't killed all the triffids yet they can get some help from the Power Rangers cos they've got planes with guns and special powers as well.

Saab Dastard
18th Oct 2007, 09:10
Worthy of Jet Blast, this thread! :ok:

SD

Final 3 Greens
18th Oct 2007, 09:23
What part of "Howling Mad" did you have trouble understanding?

Howling mad pilots don't worry about A checks, just the moon state.

GyroSteve
18th Oct 2007, 17:41
Daleks wouldn't need a permit, as they are foot launched ...

A Very Civil Pilot
19th Oct 2007, 14:30
Clearly multi-engine.

http://www.daleklinks.co.uk/media/33116/flying-daleks.jpg

DBisDogOne
19th Oct 2007, 15:35
Sounds like a "Crazy fool" to me..........

BigAl's
19th Oct 2007, 20:48
Looks like the've busted seperation minima to me... Not to mention that lack of nav lights.

Let's just all hope and pray PompeyPaul never discovers Airplane! in the bargain bucket at Blockbuster.

;)

EvilKitty
19th Oct 2007, 22:47
Looks like the've busted seperation minima to me... Not to mention that lack of nav lights.

Aren't military aircraft exempt? It does look like they have low luminescense lighting for formation keeping though.