PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question about the IMC and when I can use it

Cessna 210 Heavy
17th Oct 2007, 20:48
Can I use it in Uk airspace in an N reg aircraft? I suspect this has been asked a million times before but I cant seem to search, its too short!

The reason is it looks like the Matrix we are due to get next year is going to be on the N reg, and I would like to fly it in the UK until I get some experience using my IMC. Then I am planning to go for my FAA/IR,

Thanks everyone

IO540
17th Oct 2007, 21:01
I have it in writing (from the CAA and the FAA) that the IMCR is valid on an N reg. You have a PM/email.

Cessna 210 Heavy
17th Oct 2007, 21:02
Thanks IO540,

But could you try it again? I have sent you a PM, my e mail was bouncing your e mails back.

Cheers

StrateandLevel
19th Oct 2007, 16:09
But it nothing to do with the CAA! N Reg aircraft read FAR-AIM

BossEyed
19th Oct 2007, 16:40
I bet I know what FAR-AIM says about the UK IMC rating used in conjunction with a UK PPL. :}

Cessna 210 Heavy
19th Oct 2007, 17:02
Thats my point, it has to relate to my JAA PPL and my IMC.

I have now found out that I can use my JAA PPL and UKIMC in an N reg aircraft as long as its in UK airspace, if I go abroad then I need to use my FAA 61.75 and can only fly VFR until I get my IR.

The reason I was asking is that with my UK IMC I want to practice my instrument flying, but I only have access to an N reg PA46, well will when it arrives from Piper next year