PDA

View Full Version : Duxford Halloween Bonus Day 27th October 2007

alphaalpha
15th Oct 2007, 12:57
Duxford Bonus Day -- Halloween -- 27 October 2007

The Halloween Bonus Day is for any aircraft. Arrive in any aircraft and enjoy the discounts and benefits below.

Duxford is home the Imperial War Museum and must be the premier destination for GA pilots in Europe. Most weekends through the flying season, although there are no guarantees, you are quite likely to see warbirds flying -- Spitfire, Hurricane, B17, Catalina, Sabre and other rare types are based at Duxford.

The Bonus days offer substantially discounted prices: qualifying types of aircraft (or pilots) will enjoy half-price landing fees and much reduced museum admission. A single or a twin can land for £7; museum entry is £7 for most adults and children come in free.

The 2007 programme gets better. On Bonus days only, the Briefing Room and balcony on the first floor of the historic Control Tower is freely available for Bonus pilots and their passengers and on most Bonus days, we will organise a short guided tour of some part of the museum, probably starting at 12.30 (local). The £20+ million ‘AirSpace’ project was officially opened on 11th July – really a ‘must-see.’

Further information about the Bonus Days and information for fly-in visitors can be found on the web site http://duxford.iwm.org.uk/

The airfield team will be delighted to hear from forumites (call for PPR and briefing 01223 833376) and to see you on the day - not me on this Bonus Day though.

Just one more Bonus Day this year (fter Halloween):

Dec 15th Christmas Dinner Bonus Day -- fly-in and have your Christmas Dinner at Duxford.

Just for people who don’t know, I should declare my interest. I’m a casual FISO at Duxford. I’m also a pilot who thinks the place is pretty marvellous.

Alan.

petes1s
16th Oct 2007, 08:22
But remember to contact Duxford for PPR BY PHONE before you take off.
They won't give PPR by radio and are very strict, you need to check the latest with them
I was caught out by this as in previous years this wasn't required
I was turned away recently, landed locally, phoned up, spoke to the same person at Duxford who I hade been talking to by radio and then went on in.

Cost me a lot of time and fuel

However, Duxford is still absolutely brilliant

modelman
17th Oct 2007, 19:19
Hi Alan
Came to your Cessna bonus day earlier-what a great idea.Never cheap to fly anywhere but these incentives are the kick in the butt that I need to actually fly for a purpose.
Duxford is an absolutely magical place-no logbook complete without it.
Planning to come next week-is costume mandatory as the mother in law's broomstick is booked for the 27th.
MM

alphaalpha
25th Oct 2007, 07:33
Hi modelman:
If you can't wear the costume or borrow the broomstick, bring some item relevant to Hallowe'en -- you could always borrow a pumpkin :).

Don't forget PPR though, it's because of the special activities at Duxford and the non-standard circuit procedures. Seven times out of ten, it's no problem; two times out of ten, a bit of info on the phone helps to avoid a busy time, or be aware of displays etc; one time out ten, it's vital information which really contributes to flight safety. An example: I had a PPR call from a solo student who wanted to come in on the afternoon before the October airshow. I advised him to come another time. The afternoon was absolutely manic; fast jets, fast warbirds and others, all trying to practice before the show.

Alan.