PDA

View Full Version : FAA CFIMEII in Ireland

B200Drvr
13th Oct 2007, 16:55
Just wondering if there is any demand for an FAA instructor in Ireland, I will be relocating in the near future and although employed full time as a corporate jet pilot, I would like to do some instruction on the side. (Aeros, warbird, turbine & jet)
Suggestions welcome.

Cessna 210 Heavy
13th Oct 2007, 18:32
I know there is in the UK, not sure about IRL.

I would pay for you to come over to me, in the UK to get my IR.

v1valarob
14th Oct 2007, 04:00
So with my FAA CFI CFII MEII and my British passport, I can instruct in the UK? Can I only instruct in "N" reg aircraft??

-Rob

B200Drvr
14th Oct 2007, 07:24
V1Valarob,
In a nutshell yes, and it does not have to be in a "N" reg aeroplane. However, there are restrictions, it has to be for someone working towards an FAA certificate, or someone who is doing a BFR or I.F. prof. I really don't think you could make a living in the UK doing this, not even close!!! There are also restrictions with pilots flying between England, Ireland and Europe in "N" reg machines without a valid FAA license, for which you can be used.

v1valarob
14th Oct 2007, 13:58
After I found this thread I did more research and found what I guess is my answer. It looks like I can instruct anyone in any aircraft towards an FAA license. But most people have a hard time finding a DPE and an N reg aircraft to do the practical test in. Am I correct?

Why would someone in JAA land want an FAA PPL or Instrument Rating?

-Rob

StrateandLevel
14th Oct 2007, 16:11
Why would someone in JAA land want an FAA PPL or Instrument Rating?
You can not teach for a FAA PPL in the UK unless you also hold a UK or JAA FI rating. The IR is slightly different but if you are paid, it is aerial work and you must comply with the necessary provisions especially if its in a non UK registered aircraft, where permission can only be obtained for the aircraft owner.

lharle
16th Oct 2007, 22:05
You can find a dpe in europe, the FAA has approved 1 dpe.
Finding a N registered is quite easy.
I am sure of it, i am doing it in france when i have time.

nouseforaname
17th Oct 2007, 15:19
B200DRVR check ur pm's

CaptainJim
25th Oct 2007, 22:05
I too and a FAA CFI II MEI living in Ireland. i am waiting to start my 737 type rating for FR and would like to do some instructing.

Is there any demand for us here?