PDA

View Full Version : group excersises

camprax
9th Oct 2007, 21:45
Looking for some team excersies.Any ideas guys/gals....... for recurrent training.We have done lost on the moon already!
regards

pointer41
10th Oct 2007, 10:28
Those can be fun! (Even if only to bring evil smiles to the facilitator's face!) Send me a pm with a mail adress, would like to mail you some ppt files which I use. It is an exercise, actually four small combined, although individually done, provides the point of how every human perceives things differently. (Anybody else, for that matter, that wants it is welcome...) Also, the classic one on communication is to have a moderately complicated message be passed from person to person, verbally, and to compare the original to the last one! Apart from that, I use case studies, (the one of Flight 3701 is extremely good), and use groups to discuss various shortfalls, such as hazardous attitudes, breakdown in discipline, error and threat management, etc. Of course, there are many other types for Team Resource Management and Maintenance Resource Management, so it all depends where specifically you want to use it, and to what end. If you do CRM, consider comparing Sioux City, which was considered non survivable but where inherent good CRM saved a lot of people, to e.g. the SU-27 Ukraine airshow accident, where bad CRM caused a serviceable aircraft to crash, with horrible results.
Best of luck!