PDA

View Full Version : DTVA Security Measures!!!!

XL319
7th Oct 2007, 10:42
In the light of the terminal terrorist attack at Glasgow Airport. Durham Tees have now fully cordoned off the terminal and parking area with a 7ft fence.

As a GA pass holder at the airport this is highly frustrating (eventhough they have a gate with a number keypad) for GA users who have to travel to the terminal building in order to pay any bills etc.

Imo I think they have gone OTT in doing this. I feel the measures they had in place were sufficient i.e no vehicles outside terminal and concrete blocks.

:ugh:

bonniejack
7th Oct 2007, 12:38
I have always thought that paying in the terminal was a potential security hazard. Not too difficult for someone to work out how easy it is to get airside. Would not want to say more on open forum whilst this practice contnues. Ought to be able to pay either at tower or security gate from apron.

carbheathot
8th Oct 2007, 11:11
As a GA pass holder at the airport this is highly frustrating (eventhough they have a gate with a number keypad) for GA users who have to travel to the terminal building in order to pay any bills etc.
Why not park at the club and walk to the terminal to pay your bills?

niknak
8th Oct 2007, 15:11
and if there was an attack there which succeeded because they hadn't taken any measures, would you be the first to criticise? I suspect you would.

It's an unfortunate fact that security measures are in place for a reason, whether or not you appreciate it.

Alogan
8th Oct 2007, 20:20
Do you think the people who put these security measures in place have heard of GA?