PDA

View Full Version : 36 hours at south african flight school?

ally1
4th Oct 2007, 21:08
hi there,
please can someone advise me,i have recently returned from a flight school in south africa where i flew 36 hours.can i use those hours towards a jar licence and if so,how many hours?i was at excercise 22 which is forced landings without power having completed my 3 hours consolidation circuit training.i have my log book stamped for spin and stall training complete and also the stamp for the circuit training.the standard of training at this flight school was in my opion first class,any advice i would be most grateful for,thanks,
al.

Shunter
5th Oct 2007, 05:56
Since the SA and JAA licenses are both ICAO compliant, I would guess ALL of them are valid. You may need your school in SA to provide your training records to your new school however.

I started my PPL training in another ICAO state, and all my hours were accepted towards the JAA PPL.

ally1
5th Oct 2007, 06:07
hi there,
i have been further advised that i send my student file and log book to the personal licencing dep't at civil aviation house gatwick south who will then determine how many hours to credit me towards a jar licence,anymore thoughts i would be most grateful for,thanks,
al.

BEagle
5th Oct 2007, 06:21
From LASORS 2007:

In circumstances where previous flying training
towards an ICAO PPL(A) (non-JAR-FCL) has
been completed but no licence has been issued,
PLD will consider the crediting of such flight time
towards the issue of a JAR-FCL PPL(A). In all
cases, applicants must apply in writing to PLD
enclosing appropriate training records and flying
logbooks for the PPL training received. PLD will
review the training records to establish a course
of training and advise the applicant accordingly.

Hence you MUST apply in writing to PLD, enclsoing both training records and personal flying logbook.

ally1
5th Oct 2007, 06:29
thanks for your advice,since this is a rumuor network,the rumour is that the caa will only credit me with 10 hours no matter how far along my training was,but that rumour doesn't seem to tie up with what the lasor 2007 states,thanks,
al.

BRL
5th Oct 2007, 07:48
Have a look at Irv Lee's website. He will be able to help you.

http://www.higherplane.flyer.co.uk/