PDA

View Full Version : Air Miss in Kota Kinabalu

MAS Guy
4th Oct 2007, 05:25
I heard there was an air miss on 2nd Oct in BKI, can anyone comfirm this? It is between MasWings and AK if I'm not mistaken?

MAS Guy
5th Oct 2007, 21:48
Latest I heard the MasWings took off the wrong rwy. Suppose rwy 20 but they t/o rwy 02. Nearly collide with AK on approach rwy 20. No outcome from DCA. All cleared like nothing happened.

ACMS
6th Oct 2007, 15:27
And the tower let them takeoff???
how did this happen??????? low vis in heavy rain???

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
7th Oct 2007, 07:30
Something does not Gel here !!!!:*

ACMS
9th Oct 2007, 05:31
Still can't believe the tower guys let them takeoff on rwy 02.
Although I guess if the towers controller thought they were backtracking down the rwy for departure on 20 but suddenly they looked up and the aircraft was getting airborne on 02 it could have slipped through.
I can now see how it may happen in BKI.:{

BKI Tower controllers better be careful watching the aircraft to make sure it's backtracking and not taking off in future:ok:
Just lucky it didn't end in tears this time.

llchew
12th Oct 2007, 15:33
DCA ATS Division conducted an investigation immediately. Controller was relieved from operational position and re-rostered to non-operational position. This is a non-punitive action to protect both the controller and the organisation. Investigation was completed on 10 Oct and showed that ATC did not contribute to the aircraft mistakenly taking off from Rwy 02. Controller was re-instated for operational duty on 10th. Controller reminded the flight crew to "expedite line up Rwy 20" when the aircraft was abeam Twy F. When the aircraft was seen rotating, controller took corrective action and the landing aircraft was recleared to the west of the field.

I understand the airline also ran a parallel investigation.

Your allegation that DCA said nothing happened, unwilling to accept any wrongdoing and not willing to conduct an investigation because of Raya is totally way off target. Still "simply tembak".

Selamat Hari Raya

MAS Guy
12th Oct 2007, 20:57
What I understand from airline point of view, case is closed. That's it. No action taken. So not simply tembak.

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
13th Oct 2007, 14:21
Mas Guy, I think you are way of base here and you should accept the fact that you are just shooting in all directions.

llchew, can you confirm that it was an air asia flight and a fax flight involved. I believe it was the last day of operation of tony fernandes's FAILED fax airline.

MAS Guy
13th Oct 2007, 21:40
Hey I got lots of friend. It happened on 2nd Oct, MasWings and AK ler. That is correct. You dont just tembak. Maswings started on 1st Oct.

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
14th Oct 2007, 09:23
MasGuy,
From your posts I think you are a airasia guy!! I don't think you have many friends just acquaintances. MAS is a far more professional outfit than aa. And your attempts at discrediting MAS pilots based on innuendo and heresay is baseless. So far the only voice blaming MAS for this alleged incident is yours and that voice sounds to me like an empty vessel. As in a previous post when you crassly attempted to make a joke of the late Alvins death you were told on the forum to improve your english and get lost. I rest my case.
Wooblah.

taufupok
14th Oct 2007, 10:14
Now guys, please cool off. llchew has given the facts of the initial investigation; let's wait for more. MAS Guy is probably a young un and fairly loose with his " tembak, tembak ". Possibly a bit uncouth and crass in his ways. However thanks to him, this has come out in the open and hopefully some of us can learn from the incident. This is far better than letting it be swept under the carpet and everyone non the wiser. Merry Raya. Eid Mubarak!

Langkasuka
17th Oct 2007, 01:16
MAS Guy,

Thanks for bringing the incident up but you need to clean up your act. The ' lers ' ain't gonna win you support.

Mat Tongkang
23rd Oct 2007, 15:49
Right, the " lers " ain't very endearing!

Any more facts of the case in question?

ngapsayot
28th Oct 2007, 01:15
Has the investigation gone cold or is it true that it's only buta buta tembak saja?

Virtual Reality
28th Oct 2007, 09:13
Remember guys, this is BOLEHLAND .........:}

dreamjob
29th Oct 2007, 07:28
Hah, I see why they changed the runway numbers here in Perth (from 20-02 to 21-03)! Never knew pilots would actually get confused.. :confused::confused::E

Note: Not saying that's what happened, but you never know!

windbreak
29th Oct 2007, 15:05
Hah, I see why they changed the runway numbers here in Perth (from 20-02 to 21-03)! Never knew pilots would actually get confused.. :confused::confused::E

The runway number number change is to do with the change in magnetic variation not coz pilots get confused (Plonker) :ugh::ugh::ugh: you Should have learnt you ATPL subjects rather than just mug up !!!!

overmars
29th Oct 2007, 16:19
Well, Pudong airport has two parallel runways, magnetic headings of 167 deg and 347 deg. One is 16-34, the other is 17-35. Maybe in this case, they are named differently to avoid confusion.

Not too sure about Perth though. Magnetic headings change constantly.

Haven't heard of this confusion at Changi (02-20)...

dreamjob
30th Oct 2007, 02:45
In Perth, Runway 03(21) has magnetic bearing of 016 (confirmed when you line up), therefore should have been named Runway 02. I heard it was renamed to avoid confusion. I believe it's called being dyslexic. ;)

ps. I have passed all my ATPL's, thankyou very much. :8

Brianigham
30th Oct 2007, 03:11
There you go.........Foot in Mouth!:{

Geragau
4th Nov 2007, 20:59
From what llchew related, looks like the ATC controller did well to initiate " corrective " action. DCA had completed their investigation, any word from MASwings?

Virtual Reality
6th Nov 2007, 03:28
MAS pilots are the best and well trained in the world, so they can't be at fault !!!:= It must be the other party .....:}

Chrome
6th Nov 2007, 06:40
Yep, ATC wasn't wrong and MAS pilots are always right since they're well-trained. Surely the guy making the approach is wrong.

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
6th Nov 2007, 11:05
And we all know about the great standard of aa pilots as well :ouch:

Had a lot of incidences over the years all of them self induced :D

6th Nov 2007, 21:17
llchew, can you confirm that it was an air asia flight and a fax flight involved. I believe it was the last day of operation of tony fernandes's FAILED fax airline.

geez wooble... u just never quit do you??

lookey here... just admit it... llchew has confirmed that the controller did his job and your MAS guy didnt. the controller then got the aa guy to fly west which he did immediately. if he didnt react...u could have kissed the MASwings aircraft goodbye. u guys took over already when that happened. you made a booboo... lick yr wounds and live with it.:ouch:

and MASguy...i agree. enough with the teenage "ahbeng" LERS! three words... ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TEST

6th Nov 2007, 21:22
And we all know about the great standard of aa pilots as well :ouch:

Had a lot of incidences over the years all of them self induced :D

oh dear ALL KNOWING AND KNOWLEDGABLE ONE... why dont u state the "ALOT of incidences".:rolleyes:

and we are talking about the BKI case here... not the past. get with the programme. your over-defensiveness of your airline is superceeding your judgement:=

EY777
7th Nov 2007, 06:50
Last I heard the pilots were "hand me downs" from the defunct former Air Asia X (the RAS ops) ........ so guess they were technically not MAS :rolleyes:

As they say "there's more to it than meet the eyes"

8th Nov 2007, 07:45
EY777...u must be brothers or related in someway to mr.LERS

cos u seem to be tembak-ing away:=

EY777
8th Nov 2007, 08:49
Call me whatever you want 420, it is an undisclosed fact that MAS inherited AAX, lock, stock & barrel.The date of the incident itself lends credence to the chaos created by the hasty handover of AAX's fleet to MasWings :}

It's also a well known fact that MAS pilots were redeployed after Air Asia inherited the RAS ops & they never looked back.So those in MasWings are ex AAX pilots.

Come to think of it ....... Air Asia was also bailed out at MAS's & GOM's expense.All's fair now I guess ....... :rolleyes:

stealthone
8th Nov 2007, 11:22
Frankly speaking, AAX took 60 mil from the government (subsidy) and ran the service into the ground. The money was used to set up long range venture while leaving the government to foot the 20 mil maintenance bill as well. Where is Chrome now to complain about the tax payer’s money being handed over to Dandy Fernandi? Nah, that’s not corruption at all.
Also, AAX is to be compensated for losing the rural air services before the end of the contract. The figure is around 200 mil. It’s a hot issue now due to elections, so Dandy would have to settle down for some other form of compensation. What corruption?

Brianigham
8th Nov 2007, 16:31
Guys.
MH has been the cash cow generation after generation. We are so protected by the govt and MOT that we even get to train AA 330 pilots because we asked for it!!!!

No secrets here.

DO you really want to get into a comparison game of which pilot is better?Hmmm.

Just because a company/concept is doing well, does not mean that its all good.

The world around, the legacy of "our" profession/industry is under threat. By whom/what.

Hei.....small world la the pilot scene here in malaysia. We all know enough.

Fair.Pilot
9th Nov 2007, 07:26
Let's get back to the core subject about the air miss....

i)MasWings took off on wrong runway and AA on approach took evasive action as intructed by approach controller.

ii)MasWings pilots are from previous FAX(Fly Asian Express) which belongs to AA. However AA doesn't train F50 or Twin Otter pilots. These pilots are the original MAS pilots that went to FAX when FAX gets the licence to run the RAS!

Correct me if I'm wrong......

lesenterbang
9th Nov 2007, 09:16
ii)MasWings pilots are from previous FAX(Fly Asian Express) which belongs to AA. However AA doesn't train F50 or Twin Otter pilots. These pilots are the original MAS pilots that went to FAX when FAX gets the licence to run the RAS!

Correct me if I'm wrong......

Partly wrong.

MASwings pilots are ex-FAX, but not all are originally from MAS. MAS never had Japanese or female pilots, let alone lady Japanese pilot.

Chrome
12th Nov 2007, 15:56
The Japanese lady is and has been on the 737 for 3 years now. Not sure if there's a Japanese lady in FAX. Whatever it is, FAX pilots were trained by RAS pilots. You can't really say AK trained them when there is no facility at all in our academy for them. In fact I have never met a Fokker 50 pilot in the 4 years I've been in the company. But I don't care about FAX really. Not now, not before. Especially after I heard some ex-RAS pilots seconded to FAX acted as if they were kings and were troublesome to operations. I'm glad we got rid of them morever after MAS got the local politicians and people to pressure AirAsia to increase frequency, complain about this and that. too much bickering and no progress. It was a bad thing to inherit.

Now this is for the newbie. If YOU knew about this, what are the chances the whole world also does? Quite high isn't it? And if this is at the slightest true, wouldn't ACA or Commercial Crimes come running to investigate? You can create the rumours that suit you but AAX has Middle East, Japanese and Sir Richard Branson as investors. Why would AAX screw it up? Wouldn't you think these would all be discovered during due diligence?

You think you're in the aviation loop when you're as sharp as a marble to believe anything that is thrown to you. You think the Government is so stupid and blind to let whatever you accuse of happen especially since politicians and ministers are always looking out to protect their backs or get promoted. The simplest explanation is the best one really. Quit your rumour mongering and read up CAP413 or something.

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
18th Nov 2007, 03:10
Again more rubbish from chrome. You sound like a wet between the ears newbie.

Fax. Failed airline set up by your company. Cost the East Malaysian Government millions in lost tourist revenue because YOU couldn't run it properly. Took loans to set it up and is now trying to get out of it through connections dandie fernandie has made. TAX PAYERS MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN. YOU DID NOT INHERIT RAS AND THE F-50'S. You lobbied for it and royally screwed it up. So fax aka scare asia screwed up.:{ This is your first and probably not your last.

ACA and others would only investigate if the Pm's dept instigated an investigation.

Is the Government stupid and blind. Self explanatory my little aa sponsored academy boy.

Politicians, well ..............................:eek:

Wake up little boy we all know about glass houses.:D

Wooblah.

Chrome
18th Nov 2007, 04:53
Actually AirAsia didn't lobby for the RAS if you remember it correctly. Why in the world would Tony Fernandes go shouting "We've ordered 100 A320s! Give us those Mulu and Limbang flights!" :ugh:

AirAsia just wanted route rationalization, more domestic routes and break a monopoly that is screwing the country up. MAS' defense was that the local routes was impossible to make profit from and that they needed time. The smart Government we all voted in (or didn't) decided to ask MAS to just concentrate on their international routes and reducing their local ones. The end result was AirAsia was given more domestic routes but had to take over RAS too.

I personally admit FAX screwed up but I and a lot others had expected it. It was bound to screw up since the people who ran it had no experience in running it, inherited a lot of problems I prefer not to reveal since some people will take offence and especially since the handover back has been done. Now it's all good. The services are run by the people already experienced with it as it should be.

Sabah and Sarawak (by the way old man, we don't call them East Malaysians anymore) might have lost a few million in revenue in the 1 year of FAX operations but the Federal Government lost billions in tax revenue in decades of MAS operations but let's not go to what is already widely known. Again, I personally admit FAX tried but failed.

When you say ACA won't start anything unless the PM's Department instigates an investigation, it shows you know little of the corruption prevention laws of Malaysia. The ACA doesn't even need a report to start an investigation. They can start something even if they suspect something is wrong. How do you know their intelligence unit isn't already collecting information? I am quite well versed in the ACA's operations as I did a study on them during uni days. If there is proof of any wrongdoing, they will act.

Sireh
18th Nov 2007, 20:32
MAS, Air Asia and the whole Malaysian aviation corporate structure stink! The apologists for all these leeches are sure out to protect their mothership; the Malaysian public needs to call for full accounting, their tax dollars are all down the toilet. The ACA will act? Don't start me on that one!

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
19th Nov 2007, 06:43
Chrome,

I really don't believe what I am reading from you. YOU ARE BRAINWASHED and I see no further reason in reiterting my points. Kamu nak namu, bleit da.

And East Malaysians do prefer this title as we prefer not to be associated with people like you.

Raj Merlion
19th Nov 2007, 19:43
Holy crap, chrome conducted a study on ACA in the uni! There went my tax ringgits down the jamban! Sigh.........

Geragau
25th Nov 2007, 23:51
Indeed! Tax ringgit down the toilet! Mara, JPA scholarship beneficiaries squandering my hard earned money studying ACA atur caras? Good grief!

MAS Guy
26th Nov 2007, 23:10
The case is closed, no need to argue anymore. Nobody care!

Chrome
29th Nov 2007, 17:00
Raj Merlion, Geragau,
It probably cost the Government just a few thousand ringgit subsidizing my studies since I paid most of it myself. I never took JPA or MARA loans or scholarships.

I think your hard earned money went to buy art for Munir's office. Yes nobody cares about that :O

onitl
29th Nov 2007, 19:17
Does any one know whatever happened to macau asia express the susid of MACAU airlines.........:sad:

ngapsayot
27th Dec 2007, 21:01
Chrome, a study of such nature usually runs into almost hundreds of thousands of ringgit. A similar study wrt investigation on Bruno and NGOs amongst the Penans in Sarawak almost ran into several millions. It's money down the jamban. Munir's art may fetch some market price later.

Sireh
30th Dec 2007, 21:02
Bruno manser and NGOs amongst the Penans; that didn't need any study!! It needed investigation by the SB and home ministry.

The Kinabalu near mishap case may be close but did anybody learn any lessons? Sweep it under the carpet and forget about it? Or be smart and revise ATC and flight crew procedures to prevent repeat occurrences?