PDA

View Full Version : Confused...

grababadger
3rd Oct 2007, 15:57
The Trevor Thomas PPL book, number 5 is named 'Radio Navigation and Instrument Flying'. The PPL confuser however lists it as 'flight peformance and planning'. The content is completely different, hence me being confused.

I can only but assume the Radio Nav... is for IR/night student's? and that the flight peformance and planning is incorporated into Navigation, but as a separate exam??

Please would somebody explain.

Thanks.

FlyingForFun
3rd Oct 2007, 16:39
Trevor Thom book 5 is for the IMC rating. It is the only one of the 7 books in the Trevor Thom series which is not applicable to the PPL.

"Flight peformance and planning" is another subject completely, which is covered in a different book (can't remember which off the top of my head though).

Hope that helps,

FFF
-------------

grababadger
3rd Oct 2007, 17:08
Thanks for the prompt response, I do have in my possesion all of the PPL book's issued as a 'PPL package', not the flight peformance and planning one though?

I would like to know why it is listed as book number 5, after all it is supposed to be a series of book's 1-7, unless the IR and night course comprised of 5 book's it doesn't make sense to have it listed as book number 5?

MikeBradbury
3rd Oct 2007, 17:13
If I remember correctly, performance & planning is covered by the later chapters in the Aircraft Technical volume (the one with a Yellow cover).

maxdrypower
3rd Oct 2007, 19:03
You are right Mike , Its all covered in aircraft technical