PDA

View Full Version : First solo - log book entry

Morris Oxford
1st Oct 2007, 21:46
What is the correct log book entry in the holder's operating capacity column for student pilots first solo (Ex17a of the BMAA NPPL(M) syllabus?)

P.1 or P.1/S ?

My CFI instructed me to enter P.1/S after I completed my first solo on Sunday, but I think this should be P.1; isn't P.1/S only for a skills test when the examiner/instructor is sat next to the "student"?

I was grinning so much when I filled out my log that I didn't have the presence of mind to query the entry at that time.
This will also apply to future pre-GFT solos, won't it?

(If this is a F.A.Q. could some one please point me at the previous thread?)

Thanks
Morris Oxford

IRRenewal
1st Oct 2007, 23:20
If you're the only pilot in the aircraft, you're by definition the pilot in command. P.1 in other words.

Are you sure your hearing wasn't a bit distorted due to the grin from ear to ear?:)

Ps: Congratulations on the first solo!

Dan Winterland
2nd Oct 2007, 00:16
You weren't being supervised in the aircraft - it's P1.

bunnywabbit
2nd Oct 2007, 06:28
I vote for P1
On other matter students have been questioning what if they go above the 10 solo for the issue of the JAA/PPL. They seem to be very miss informed, P1 time in you logbook is good for you and will count torward insurance requirements ETC when you go on and fly a more complex type.
Well done on your first solo!

CAT3C AUTOLAND
2nd Oct 2007, 10:00
Morris,

Just wanted to say congratulations on your first solo, I remember mine like it was yesterday. Great feeling while you are bricking it around the circuit to pull off a nice greaser.

Welcome to the world of pilots and enjoy your flying.

All the best.

Say again s l o w l y
2nd Oct 2007, 12:48
Well done Morris.

You are correct, it should be logged as P1, not P1.S.
Tell your FI to go and read LASORS.

Morris Oxford
2nd Oct 2007, 20:21
Thank you PPRuNers.
P1 it is then.
M.Ox