PDA

View Full Version : Antonov An-2 at Popham.

Contacttower
1st Oct 2007, 19:25
Had a quick look round Popham the other day and was wondering what the An-2 was doing there. Anyone got any info about it?

Pitts2112
1st Oct 2007, 19:35
It lives there. It's owned by a large group of PPL/CPLs. A couple of times a year they make it available to PPLs to fly for a fee. They fill it up with about 12 people and everyone gets about 10 mins or so (something like that).

A call to Popham during most weekdays will get you Chris on the phone/radio. He's a member of the An-2 group and can probably tell you everything you want to know (and a few things you probably didn't!) :)

Pitts2112

Contacttower
1st Oct 2007, 19:43
Thanks, I love the look of An-2s, I first saw one when I was ten years old in a museum in Germany and was delighted to see one at Popham.

Nipper2
1st Oct 2007, 20:46
It is also used for blowing large amounts of grass cuttings round the airfield and grit blasting other (smaller) aircraft. And that's only when they are taxying......

DX Wombat
1st Oct 2007, 20:54
It is also used for blowing large amounts of grass cuttings round the airfield and grit blasting other (smaller) aircraft. And that's only when they are taxying......Ah! The fixed wing equivalent of the helicopter during hay-making season. :*
Was it this one?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/DX_Wombat/P1011563.jpg

Billredshoes
1st Oct 2007, 22:42
Hi I run the AN2 at Popham
if you would like any further info please PM or take a look at :

www.an2club.info