View Full Version : Fun at Eurocontrol IANS Luxemburg

nibog
30th Sep 2007, 20:32
Howya lads, I'm heading over to IANS for a course next month. I'll be there for a few weeks, so I'm looking for suggestions/recommendations for hotels, bars, clubs (I'm a man, late 20s, like drinking, smoking, women - in any order). The eurocontrol website is helpful and all, but really looking for info from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Not planning on sitting in hotel twiddling my thumbs much, so come on with the suggestions. Money's not an issue, but lets not go nuts. And no lap dancing clubs either.

Thanks, looking forward to suggestions....:ok:

Jagohu
1st Oct 2007, 06:50
Drop me a PM with your email address, I'll send you over The Guide ;) for Lux

ItchyFeet2
1st Oct 2007, 08:22
Nibolg,

I'd recommend "The Black Stuff" in Pulvermuhl, about 2km from city centre. Top notch est with Phil and Cathy behind bar.

You'll get your bearings from there. The local Murphia will put you right on how to get the best out of Lux.

I love visiting the place!!

Slan,

IF2:O

aluminium persuader
1st Oct 2007, 08:54
Bar Ecosse in the Grund. Great Scottish bar. Mosel Canteen for a great ham stew. You won't be able to eat it all - it's HUGE! The castle at Vianden. Trier (Germany) or Metz (France) for shopping other than food because Lux can be expensive. There's a designer outlet (Marques Avenue) on the left of the motorway a junction or two before Metz.

pm210668
2nd Oct 2007, 10:00
Try Urban Bar in the city - cool place!!

For the real fun, go to Pygmalion in the Grund - onr of the nest irish bars on the continent.

Spitoon
2nd Oct 2007, 16:09
Howya lads, I'm heading over to IANS for a course next month. I'll be there for a few weeksCripes! A few weeks - I've only ever managed a week at a time. What are you doing there?

As for recommendations, the Grund gets my vote for a good night out. I can't remember the name of the place but there's a restaurant that is renowned for its garlic shrimps down there - but be ready to feel your arteries harden as you eat. Mousel bar also worthy of a visit as al mentioned.

In the city there's a huge range of great little restaurants and bars - to suit just about any taste - to choose from.

And if you're looking for other sorts of fun, you don't have to stray far from the gare for an equally broad menu......

The Euronator
2nd Oct 2007, 16:25
Spitoon,
I think the one you are alluding to is Bacano (Portugese) Restaurant.
I too can concur on the shrimp..outstanding, although you better not smoke the next morning with the methane coming out from the night before.

http://chefmoz.org/Luxembourg/Luxembourg_City/Chez_Bacano1093802406.html

Good pub to watch football is the Brittania..situated about 5 doors down from Bacano's.

Red Dragon
2nd Oct 2007, 16:45
Second all those comments mentioned above. Especially the Mousel canteen. The Schweinaxe (Pork joint) is basically a sunday roast with crackling all to yourself. Fantastic!
Great country if you like to get out and walk. You can buy a book that shows you all the trails that criss cross the country.
Agree with the comment on the night life just up from the Gare. Very friendly ladies indeed.:ok:
Happy days.....

RD

nibog
4th Oct 2007, 21:47
Thanks lads, gonna have an absolute blast when I get there. I'll be staying right in the city centre and I'll do my best to get everywhere. Without giving up my anonimity (how i spelt that, I'll never know), it's an OJTIs course. If any of ye meet me there, I'll buy ye a pint.