PDA

View Full Version : Piper L4/J3 Cub Parts Wanted

Fournier Boy
30th Sep 2007, 19:32
Hello All

Currently looking for the following to help with my Piper L4H restoration. Please PM if anyone knows of anything or anyone who may be able to help.

Continental A65 Engine Mount
140 MPH Black Faced ASI
R/H Rudder pedal
Both Fwd Brake pedals
R/H Scott Master Cylinder
Cabin Heat Knob and Cable
Carb Heat Cable
Fuel on/off cable
Throttle Link tube
Both Lower Stick Stubs
Lower Stick Link rod
Torque tube bearing caps
L/H Main Gear Leg
Both bungee strut legs

And please, no emails about Univair, or Wag Aero, i know about them already....

Rgds FB

austerj1
28th Oct 2007, 18:24
Hi - I have one or two new parts, such as - carb-heat box for A65, wheel hub caps, spark plugs;A65, etc. If you're interested, I'll make a full list and let you know what else there is. Sorry, none of your "wanted" bits. [email protected]

BelArgUSA
29th Oct 2007, 11:29
Hola FB /
xxx
Wild guess, but try this -
xxx
Contact the Sabena employee aeroclub "SSTA" at the EBGB Grimbergen airfield near Brussels. Their maintenance department might still have some boxes full of old parts from the 3 L-4s they used to have in the 1960s-1970s period, registered OO-AAT, EAB and SOC... I learned to fly as a kid with these airplanes, they are long time gone, but...
xxx
Belgium aero clubs (and the Netherlands too) used to have many of these wonderful L-4s that were former Belgian and Dutch Army AOP airplanes. These were L-4s with the extended plexiglass, not J-3Cs, and had the 65 HP engines.
xxx
I know these old-timers "habits" of the maintenance department there, who also took care of maintenance of Sabena School "EAC" planes, they might still have some boxes full of parts under the dust of their shelves in the hangars. You probably can find their phone number through the listings of Belgacom.
xxx
:)
Happy contrails (if L-4s make contrails...?)

HUNTERI
21st Jan 2008, 11:31
Fournier Boy,

I know the post is now very old. However, the L4 group I belong to is looking for a replacement engine and I was wondering if in you search for part you had come across any good contacts / sites which may be helpful to us.

Ian

cricket boy
4th Feb 2012, 16:55
I have right and left gear legs for a j3, also tell feathers. All in good condition. Contact me at[ [email protected]] or at 928-660-9379