PDA

View Full Version : Kent accident

nippysweetie
30th Sep 2007, 18:59
Light aircraft came down in a field near Ashford around 3pm today – one person dead, sadly, and one injured, though not believed to be serious.
No other people involved. Wreckage in Fridd Lane, Bethersden.

ComJam
30th Sep 2007, 19:14
Thoughts with those concerned.

CJ

Cricket23
30th Sep 2007, 19:41
I fly from Redhill so I'd be interested to know aircraft type or reg.

Thanks,

C23

The following is from the BBC Kent website:

"One person has died and another was injured when a light aircraft crashed into a farm field in Kent.
It came down in the Fridd Lane area, in Bethersden, near Ashford, just before 1500 BST on Sunday.

A Kent Police spokeswoman said one occupant suffered fatal injuries while a second had injuries which were "not believed to be serious at this time".

Emergency services were at the scene on Sunday and the Air Accidents Investigation Branch was informed.

The police spokeswoman said the accident was reported by a member of the public.

No other people or property was involved, she added. "

TheKentishFledgling
30th Sep 2007, 19:55
I flew over the accident site soon after it had happened - air ambulance, fire, police etc all present :(

The field the accident was in is the next field along to a private strip, so I would imagine the aircraft was inbound / outbound from there.

Not nice, really takes the edge off a really great day's flying :(

tKF

D'vay
30th Sep 2007, 20:43
Was it out of Headcorn?

digital.poet
30th Sep 2007, 21:58
Was it out of Headcorn?

I was wondering this too. The practice area where my instructor takes me is around the area of the accident.

Tragic news.

kevmusic
30th Sep 2007, 22:14
This is my area too. I offer my deepest heartfelt condolences to the bereaved and my best wishes for recovery to the injured.

'Chuffer' Dandridge
1st Oct 2007, 12:02
The BBC News link here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7021025.stm

shows a picture of the wreckage. Looks like a French registered aircraft (F-P???), maybe a Banbi?