PDA

View Full Version : First Post & First Solo

callum91
29th Sep 2007, 16:20
Hello everyone, this is my first post and I would just like to mention that I also did my first solo flight earlier today at Shoreham Airport after passing my Air Law :)
Thanks to Shoreham ATC who were very friendly as always and my instructor.

digital.poet
29th Sep 2007, 16:28
Callum,

Congratulations!!!

I did my first solo back on the 13th of this month and I am still feeling hyped about it. It's quite an experience huh? I wonder if you looked down at the empty right hand seat as often as I did!

Bullethead
29th Sep 2007, 16:29
Congratulations Callum,

This is a day you'll never forget. It's a great feeling isn't it? Well done! :ok:

Regards,
BH.

Carvair
29th Sep 2007, 20:28
Congratulations Callum. I can still remember every detail om mine some 200 hours ago, and so will you. A true, once-in-a-lifetime experience!
Carvair

SkyToddler
29th Sep 2007, 20:51
congrats callum, iv got mine next week cant wait! :)

Adam_
29th Sep 2007, 22:48
Congratululations :).

I was flying circuits at Shoreham this afternoon at around 2pm when someone completed their first solo and the controller congratulated them - might have been you!

Hopefully it might be me in a couple of weeks. I flew with the CFI today who really doesn't beat around the bush when you **** up which really brought a few things home for me.

Retired Redcap
30th Sep 2007, 07:47
Congratulations!Myfirst solo was in July. Since then flying just seems to get more and more fun.

callum91
30th Sep 2007, 08:28
Thanks for your replies everyone - I found the empty seat came in handy for putting my checklists on ;)

Adam, I got back from my first solo flight at 12:10 so it might not have been me - I was in golf-yankee-tango (C152).

Luckily I didn't get time to feel nervous - it all came as a surprise because I'd actually booked a lesson for my solo next week so I wasn't expecting to do it.

littleflyer
2nd Oct 2007, 15:26
hey,

Good luck to all yas! Still a while to wait for mine!:(

_Little-Flyer_