PDA

View Full Version : JAA ATPL conversion into Australian ATPL

Geco
28th Sep 2007, 17:53
Hello!!!
Does anyone know how to convert an JAA ATPL into an Australian ATPL???
I am currently employed in Europe but I want to leave for Australia. Preferably Qantas. Anyone knows if Qantas also accept JAA license and the conversion is made after employment?
Any tips for this are welcome!!!! If Qantas does not work out I've also QantasLink, Jetstar and Virgin Blue as options...
Thanks a lot,
Brgds,
Geco

Aussie
29th Sep 2007, 09:41
Gday mate,

Firstly, this has been done before, so i think if you search you should come up with some answers...

However, the conversion from JAA to Aussie ATPL is much easier then the other way around. You will prbably have to sit a couple of airlaw exams and the instrument rating exam, along with flight test....

As for Qantas, im pretty sure they require you to have completed the aussie atpls for employment, not sure about Virgin and Jetstar...

Good luck.

Geco
29th Sep 2007, 11:34
Thanks for the quick reaction!! I will check it out. Do you or anybody else have an idea how strict the 150 hrs command hours are. I only have 40 hrs in command. But I have over 1000 hrs on a Dash8 Q400 as a FO.
Brgds,
Geco

Aussie
29th Sep 2007, 15:12
Pretty strict im told, if you dont have the 150hrs command, you may need to take a tour of the great southern land before applying in a C152 :)