PDA

View Full Version : You CFIs are my hero.

bb10pilot
28th Sep 2007, 01:35
Hi, everyone, I'm new to the forums. This is a Eu based forum I believe, I'm from the US and live in California.

I just wanted to say to any of you CFIs or future ones how much you mean to us student pilots. CFIs are my heros and my role models, I want to be in the same position as you in 10years, even though the pay is meh.

I came to respect and trust my instructor after my 4th lesson. Now mind you, I'm only 15. It was the day of new year's eve when I was only 14, I witnessed a banner plane stall and crash nose first into the ground killing a local pilot only 100yards away from me.

My CFI took me up a week later, I was truely scared to death.

He told me " I would never let anything happen to you or this aircraft." And I managed to pull through how to get out of a stall, which fitted the occasion.

He also is fun to talk with and also cracks jokes and talks about surfing (When it is approriate.)

He seems to know EVERYTHING I could possibly through at him, like he has memorized everything related to avation.

I don't know how many actually do this, but he even went to a AOPA seminar with me during his break (how nice eh?)

Just felt like venting out, I know your pay isn't great, but you guys are the best.

My friends, my role modesl, my heros.

---BB10pilot

P.Pilcher
28th Sep 2007, 17:15
Just remember, bb10:

(i) "There are old pilots and bold pilots, but no old, bold pilots."

(ii) The day you stop learning about flying is the day you give up - or the day you ought to. (Actually, this applies to just about anything you do.)

Enjoy your lessons - I hope you succeed.

P.P.

covec
28th Sep 2007, 20:06
Two top tips that I was once taught:

1. It is better to be down here wishing you were up there than up there wishing you were down here!

2. If in doubt - then there is no doubt!

Think about wishing to go flying when the clouds are getting darker and the wind is gusting then you will get the general gist of the two statements above.

Enjoy your flying, lad!

PS I take my kids kayaking & camping and for curry lunches. We stay up late watching scary DVDs and my wife says I'm a kid. Like all pilots I guess!