PDA

View Full Version : Bulldog Shares for sale

Mad Girl
27th Sep 2007, 21:14
Hi all

My first ever light aircraft is up for sale, or syndicate, and I'd like to get my hands on her. :ok:

SHE is a HK Bulldog - zero timed engine with approx 270 hrs, new star annual C of A, 6 yr propellor check - No fatigue indicator - 4100 on the airframe, so 900 hrs to spar mod.

Looking for a group of 10. Share £4k and I reckon £110 pm and £80 per hour wet. Based at Old Sarum, Wiltshire.... :8

Anyone interested - please PM me.

There is a "training organisation" interested in her, and I want to keep her, and not just have visiting rights...:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Contacttower
28th Sep 2007, 18:12
There is a "training organisation" interested in her

I don't suppose you know the name of this training organisation? I might be interested, I've flown G-BULL (if that is indeed the plane you're talking about) a few times. I'll PM when I've had time to think.

Mad Girl
28th Sep 2007, 19:46
You've got the right Bulldog.....:ok:

englishal
28th Sep 2007, 23:44
It is certainly a very nice aeroplane......;)

And an allowance for the wing spar mod has been taken into account in the numbers posted by MG above ;)

C'mon, just a few more people required....:)

CarltonBrowne the FO
29th Sep 2007, 09:07
Subject to the exact costings, I am very interested; Old Sarum isn't too long a slog over from LHR. Good news that the monthly payment includes saving for the spar mod- does it also cover an engine and or propellor fund?

tmmorris
29th Sep 2007, 10:46
If only I - or a friend of mine who is also keen - lived closer to Old Sarum!

Looks like a good deal. Oh well!

Tim

Mad Girl
29th Sep 2007, 11:13
CarltonBrowne the FO
Subject to the exact costings, I am very interested; Old Sarum isn't too long a slog over from LHR. Good news that the monthly payment includes saving for the spar mod- does it also cover an engine and or propellor fund?

Check your personal e-mail :ok:

SteveR
30th Sep 2007, 17:33
OOOOh. I'd like some of that.

I'm nearly through the AOPA aeros course with Ultimate High at Kemble (an, um, training organisation). Loving it, wondering what I'll do with it afterwards, and wanting to know more about 'dogs.

As far as I've learned, the dogs at Kemble are all Swedish, 210hp?.

Perhaps we could have some posts on the relative merits and aspects of different dogs, as a 'keepy uppy' ploy?

Are you collecting email addresses of interested parties for offline plotting?

Steve R

Mad Girl
30th Sep 2007, 17:51
Are you collecting email addresses of interested parties for offline plotting?

Steve R

Correct. ;)

Send me a PM :ok:

Mad Girl
30th Sep 2007, 20:18
Keep them coming....... I'm sure we can get our hands on this baby...:ok:

englishal
1st Oct 2007, 02:29
And Steve, a lot closer than Kent....;)

Same as Steve, I did some aero's and have the bug. It'd be a shame if after doing them I never fly any ever again because I don't have a suitable aeroplane...and if BULL leaves OS, there will be a lack of suitable aeroplanes to rent down our way :hmm:

The numbers MG has includes allowanced for wing spar mod, engine fund (new), prop, hangarage, annuals etc....and being an accountant I'm sure she has them right :}

777fly
2nd Oct 2007, 00:11
Can you let me know just how much the spar mod will cost? I have heard that it is very expensive and your accounting figures do not appear to reflect the likely cost involved.

BroomstickPilot
3rd Oct 2007, 07:03
Hi Mad Girl,

This is just to wish you luck in your endeavours to set up a Bulldog group.

I know you have always fancied being a dog owner.

Broomstick.

Mad Girl
3rd Oct 2007, 21:00
Hi Mad Girl,

This is just to wish you luck in your endeavours to set up a Bulldog group.

I know you have always fancied being a dog owner.

Broomstick.

Working on it... :ok: :D

A and C
4th Oct 2007, 07:26
I looked very hard at the Bulldog as an aerobatic trainner and the aircraft met all the requirments apart from long term cost.

With the spar mod hanging over aircraft with a high FI index and the uncertanty of how much it is going to cost the dog was a non starter.

This was very unfortunate as the "dog" is undoubtedly a fine aircraft, if you do buy one make sure that you build and ringfence a sum of £20,000 or so for the spar work to be done.

I suspect that the cost of the spar work will come down once a few aircraft need it but I would not want to be the first one to have the job done!

englishal
4th Oct 2007, 09:12
But the beauty of this one is that it is NOT limited by a fatigue meter.....5000 hrs, then after the spar mod the life is extended for another 4000 hrs - as opposed to 200 on the FI.

So it can be looped, rolled, spun, etc for 4000 more hours, whereas a bog standard bulldog would soon clock up 200 on the fatigue meter if treated like that....Which is why aerobatic organisations want to buy this one ;)

£20k sounds reasonable....DH support are quoting between £10-£15k at the moment, but that probably does not include labour (my guess, I haven't spoken to them myself).

Contacttower
4th Oct 2007, 17:43
Flew G-BULL today, had forgotten what a brilliant plane she is. Although I can't justify it myself to those considering buying a share I can thoroughly recommend it.

A and C
5th Oct 2007, 20:15
£ 20,000 is a little on the pesamistic side but all these years in the business has made me think that way.

Once an engineering firm gets a production line going the price will fall but the problem is getting some one to front up the cash fro a production run of oversize spar bolts, this will need about £60,000 to start the ball rolling.

stiknruda
5th Oct 2007, 20:19
EnglishAl,

Are you sure?

I was under the impresssion that only a certain %age of flt hrs could be aerobatic.

Admittedly I might be confusing myself with the Chippie.

Help?

Stuk!

Mad Girl
5th Oct 2007, 20:46
Stik

If the Dog doesn't have a fatigue indicator then the airframe is considered to be good for 5000 hours - then it has to have the spar mod.

One person has reached the 5k but managed to get a 800 hr extension as he could prove that a lot of the flying he'd done was straight and level - not something you need to understand :D.

Once Spar mod is done I think it adds a further 4000 hours to the airframe.

I told you I know FAR TOO MUCH about the DOG :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

MG x