PDA

View Full Version : Sausages

deskboundbut
27th Sep 2007, 20:36
Has anyone heard anything about the price of sausages at Stapleford?

Callsign Kilo
27th Sep 2007, 21:07
They are typically larger than your 'average' sausage. Quite tasty as I remember. Has there been a price hike?

evansb
27th Sep 2007, 21:09
Try Tarvin, Chester, Tel: 01829 741402

Delivered to your door!
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r68/convair640/WMB_n_Jet.jpg

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
27th Sep 2007, 23:56
Es mir Wurst!(bugger! no umlauts).

Gipsy Queen
28th Sep 2007, 02:27
"Es mir würst". Und nicht "Umlauts" - "Umlauten" bitte . . . Now wait for the flak . .

The subject of sausages should be banned from international discussion. There are those of us who spend much time in foreign parts and where the genuine British snorker is nothing but a mouth-watering memory.

A passable substitute can be obtained in Malta and I have enjoyed acceptable facsimiles in New Zealand. Germany, of course, has its own Wuerst Tradition and a very fine one it is too - my preference is for the Weisswürst bought from Klaus's little shop round the back of the Koelner Dom.

Forget the Far East, forget much of Europe (although the Polish Kielbasa, not the same animal of course, is pretty edible). You certainly can forget the US of A. There's a place in California producing "The Genuine British Banger" complete with Union flags all over the packaging and no more than 10% breadcrumbs (so it says) but it is, of course, ersatz. South America is a nightmare but I have yet to try Canada - I suspect there could be pleasant surprises there.

You really can't beat the genuine snagarooni and I'm hoping some kind moderator will pull the plug on this thread and end all this gastronomic misery.:*

GQ.

I wonder if Manzes still do those jellied eels in Blackfriars . . .

Dan Winterland
28th Sep 2007, 08:01
Quote: 'Forget the Far East'.

Not as such. In the Fragrant Harbour, my local supermaket stocks Waitrose snorkers!

BEagle
28th Sep 2007, 15:22
Are you sure, Dan?

I thought those were locally-produced slimmers' snorkers...

WEIGHT-LOSE!

OK, OK, hat, coat.......

Dan Winterland
28th Sep 2007, 15:39
Wot you trying to say?

And a Yarpie mate has bought his own sausage making machine to produce excellent boerwors for the braai.

Not short of good sausage here!